Upgrade NDX

Hello,

there are several opportunities for me to upgrade the NDX.

-XPS2
-XPSdr
-555ps not dr

I have already heard the NDX on my system with an XPSdr, I liked, but I only listened a few days.

What do you think would be the most sensible choice for an Olive amplification without the idea of ​​switching to NDS later?

XPSdr

1 Like

Natural partner it XPS DR

Yeah I think the XPSdr makes the NDX sound more like a high end analogue source (but not vinyl). I very much like what it does to the NDX. Some preferred it bare though. Depends on what you’re after.

As an alternative, you could also consider running a separate DAC off the NDX. Traditionally, people have done this with the NDAC or a Chord DAC, but there are plenty more to choose from. Not that there’s anything wrong with a PSU upgrade, but there are lots of options out there, and the only way you’ll find out which you prefer is to listen for yourself.

I was able to listen to a Chord Hugo DAC with an HDX.
I did not find it bad, but I was disappointed by the lack of character.

Indeed, there is a wide variety of opinion regarding what these upgrades bring, and that applies to both PSU and DAC upgrades.

@Crifo couple of years ago now, I did half day with my dealer swapping out black boxes, for me the NDX with 555 was a real uplift, yes the XPS added but not enough to justify

Have not heard the XPSDR on NDX, I have always run mine bare, only ply NDX about 5% as source, but only true test as ever is demo,

I would try XPSDR vs 555 non DR, I have a feeling the 555 will still be the winner

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.