Upgrade SBL's or buy Ovators 400?

Are you going to get Naim to look at the crossovers?

Don’t think they offer that service anymore, and here is

my ‘wall issue’

Ah. I can see why you think there might be a ‘wall issue’.

Taking the positives, the floor looks solid. Besides a friend ran them quite happily with about a foot behind them. Said he preferred them that way to up against the wall. Horses for courses, needs must etc.

Why not just buy good speakers?

Since the SBL is the most elegant speaker Naim ever produced, if I were in your position I’d be keen to hang onto them. Is it no longer possible to have the crossovers serviced? I think some people have tried using SL-2 crossovers. Other than the age of the crossovers, you don’t actually say why you feel the need to upgrade/change.

Oh Yes, what like your speakers!?

Its really the age of the speakers and if the crossovers let go I may well be stuck

Ask Darren at Class A Sheffield if he can service SBL x-overs.

SL2 x-overs work just as well [ with SBL ] but i don’t know if they remain available.

1 Like

Your first post talks about fitting non-Naim crossovers. I’d just get the originals returned to spec. WInchester HI-Fi once did exactly that for me with my crossovers on a pair of old IBLs.

Christopher, did it make a significant difference? I have pretty old IBLs and they don’t have the magic my sbls have. I tried running them active and this makes a significant difference. I now wonder whether the crossovers are old or that it was the active effect I noticed.

They were became cleaner and the channel balance was restored. It was a while ago. Yes, it was an improvement. But we weren’t swinging from the chandeliers. Sold the IBLs in the end.

1 Like

That is offensive. How very dare you…

1 Like

Oh. The humanity !

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.