Upgrade Supercap 2 to Supercap DR

Curious to know if anyone has done this upgrade with a 252 and what they made of it.

Anyone?

I have. I bought a 252 with Supercap and ran it for about six months in to a 250-2. I then had a 300 Serviced and DR’d. A Supercap DR came up and I swapped out the Supercap. The DR and 252 made a big difference with the 300DR.

3 Likes

Thanks Bruss that’s encouraging.

Any other experiences upgrading a Supercap2 to Supercap DR?

I just got my 252 serviced and my Supercap serviced and DR’d. Putting it all back together tomorrow!

Ooohhh exciting let us now what you think

Stu

I found the change very worthwhile when I had the Scap upgraded for mine. Added a level of detail and insight. Bass resolution improved perhaps most. It is very much an all round change though not just one thing. Note the Scap2 wasn’t overdue a service so a fair comparison. It was the first of my three PS’s to go DR and convinced me to get my others done.

Bruce

Well, hate to be the naysayer but, quite honestly, I don’t hear much of a difference between the serviced/DR’d gear and my best recollection of it before it was serviced. Of course, on the one hand, it’s been almost 3 months since I sent the system of to be done, so my memory may be suspect. On the other hand, confirmation bias my explain any differences I think I’m hearing (I must confess, I expected to hear a BIG difference with my 20 year old 252/SC).

I’ll let it all run in for a week or so and post back

Isn’t there supposed to be quite a long ‘burn-in’ period after servicing? Particularly on the 252?

Hope it improves for you with time!

Well, a couple of weeks have gone by and I’m not noticing any “night and day” changes. Still sounds good but not the improvements others appear to be hearing with the service/DR upgrade.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.