Upgrades Inspired by Forum Posts

@Martin.M

When I purchased my Gaias from AudioT, they were available on a sale or return basis, so it’s worth a call to see whether that’s still the case.

1 Like

Im using Gaia with my Custom Design stands and Kudos C10 and they definitely improved the sound in my room (noticeable as soon as added) However, probably best to see if you can get some with the ability to return as per dave-marshall as likely to be varying degrees of effectiveness dependent on room (I’m new build with carpet over concrete).

1 Like

Like Dave said, the best is to try by yourself, as you can easily return them.
Maybe also the stand is not enough isolating vibrations from the floor. A little granite slab between the floor and stand can help too.

2 Likes

Big RMW fan here as well. Although wearing them, I never got used to the look of their high vamp somehow. Crocketts but more and more Crown Northampton nowadays.

2 Likes

I don’t know Crown Northampton, I’ll have to check them out.

Edward Green and Church’s were my favourites back in the '80s and '90s but they’ve become too expensive now. A pair from Alfred Sargent were my last recent pair of proper British boots. Very nice they are too, and not too scary in price.

2 Likes

I’ve still got about 5 pairs of Church’s from the 80s and 90s.

Never wear them nowadays.

I would have thought most Naim owners would be trotting about in lightweight slip on Sketchers, rather than those young mans clodhoppers.

Give them to charity. Some impoverished posh boy would love them.

3 Likes

Yet another big RMW fan here. Sorry I realise I’m drifting.

3 Likes

I also had 2 pairs of these Church’s slippers:

I used to go the pub in them when I lived in Chelsea.

Little did I realise that they were called “Church’s Sovereign Crown Velvet Loafers” - nor could I have imagined that they would cost £450 new in 2022.

(Almost as much as an EE8 - but significantly more useful).

3 Likes

I got my Gaia’s on sale or return. Once fitted, there was no way I was going to return them. Significant improvement on an engineered oak floor over concrete
Support PMC twenty 23

These days it’s mostly flip flops around the house or Wellies or chainsaw boots outside.

1 Like

Flip flops.

I loved my many pairs of Sanuks.
I felt such a dude. Before my physiotherapist mentioned they weren’t great for my gait.

A bit too like Sunak for comfort, but they look perfect for summer. The Uggs I wore for three summers finally gave up the ghost last year and I need something new.

1 Like

Basically a flat flip flop sole with a nice lightweight canvas upper.
Usually don’t cost that much and usually don’t last that long.
You can wear them without little socks, although they quickly go smelly without. But, you can pop them in the washing machine.

That’s what I call an upgrade.

1 Like

I hope everyone has their boots and shoes on a decent quality rack…

I wonder if anyone can comment on the effects of a NAPSC upgrade on the NAC202? There must be plenty of Forum members with that experience. As I listen more I’m feeling the bass is tightening up a tad but it has me scratching my head. As an example, bass guitar lines are certainly much easier to follow and have more detail but the kick drum and floor toms seem to have lost their texture and punch. Does a NAPSC really need time to bed in?

The forum inspired me. Time to upgrade my shoes rack.
I will add some Isoacoustics under it.

4 Likes

I have a pair (which are on their last legs - that are over fifteen years old - and been heavily worn) tatty - would be a compliment.

Also a dress pair , that are super chic .

Expensive , very - worth it yes.

1 Like

I auditioned Kudos 606’s yesterday, partly on the basis of recommendations here. Liked what I heard and have the demo pair being delivered for a home trial next week. Fingers crossed they play equally as nicely in my own listening room.

2 Likes