Upgrading Innuos serving Nova - worth it?

Ah, I see (I think). I use the Squeezebox mode on the Roon Core (ROCK) to send to a microRendu which then uses its Bridge mode to cast to a first version Unitiqute. Not really sure how it all works (or even if it actually goes through the microRendu). It can all be very confusing, though has always sounded good to me but really nothing else to compare it to as it’s the only way to get Roon to that particular device.

Acutally I got this wrong its not using RAAT at all in experimental mode its still uses Squeezelite but as I mentioned Roon doesnt like memory playback nor supports Squeezelite, so can be a little flakey. RAAT can only use the standard output of the Innuos via USB or over network and does not use the memory playback. Many report that as a result doesnt sound as good as using its own player or the experimental mode. They also say that the local playback beats network playback to same system in this case the Nova but then they need to utlisile £500+ worth of extra gear to do this and the Audiophillio is also playing its part in adding to the SQ.

I have the Mk 2 with 1TB. It’s about a third full and I have Qobuz hires and haven’t bought any CDs since. It’s good. Heaven knows why each Innuos box is better even with Audiophilleo + PurePower, but there are now three using the combo.

Phil

Yes, something is going on and it’s really noticeable.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.