Upgrading to ndx2.... thanks to covid

Here’s a curious tale. My nd5xs2 developed a buzz after a couple of months, as others have noted here. My dealer was great, took the sn and ordered me a new replacement unit. It took 4 months to arrive. We are ready to swap them over but in the meantime they have offered the price of the new unit as px for a mint ndx2 plus ££. I cant resist demo-ing it via my nac202, nap200, napsc2 system. Probably upgrading to a hicap is warranted. Looking forward to it. Glad the virus gave me this opportunity.

4 Likes

Silver linings and all that. The ND5XS2 is a fine streamer but the NDX2 has more potential for your system. Enjoy your demo.

2 Likes

I’m sure you’ll find your story very familiar to quite a few folks here. Personally I don’t think my system would have grown past a xs2 if it wasn’t for being cooped up for the better part of a year. Guess I got tired of Netflix’s. lol

1 Like

Seconded!

3 Likes

Here too sort of. I bought the Atom. The screen was temperamental so they were going to replace it. I decided to move to the Nova. Good move. Congrats! For the screen alone it’ll be a joy.

2 Likes

You will get another good boost when you do get the HiCap. It was the biggest uplift to my NAC102 - enjoy the journey!

1 Like

I suspect I know what’ll happen, NDX2 is a wonderful source. Enjoy. :grinning:

1 Like

The ndx2 is now installed and ears/brain amazed at the difference. It is like the other half priced model on steroids! Not subtle to my ears but a step change. It has more depth, detail and general dynamics. The sound stage is broader too. All this will improve further I guess over coming months.

4 Likes

Setting aside depth, detail and dynamics (the three Ds), does it make your music more enjoyable? That’s what it’s all about.

Absolutely. Let’s put it this way, I’ve been mesmerized listening to my play lists since it was installed at 3pm this afternoon, and here I am 7hrs later…!

2 Likes

Excellent. The NDX2 is a lovely thing.

2 Likes

It’s a great source, pleased you have yours. I still have a long wait for mine sadly but at least I should have my repaired nd5sx back from Salisbury soon.

I found the differences less obvious going from ND5XS2 to NDX2 than from nd5sx to nd5sx2 over a short listen but the music was far more cohesive and much smoother whilst being more detailed and immersive. Overall, far more enjoyable and like you said, you just want to listen to more and more music!

1 Like

What I am discovering (no doubt as many others have before me) is that, in addition to the above stuff, music has two ingredients lesser equipment doesn’t reveal as vividly, production and arrangement in the studio when the music was recorded. Hope you enjoy yours as much when it arrives.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.