Upgrading your power cables

Just a quick one … I just swapped out the standard power cables for my recently serviced Naim 135s. I was sceptical. Power is on or off right? Wrong! I really cannot believe the difference. I bought good ones - Shunyata Venom NR V10 cables. They are nearly £600 each. They arrive in their own ‘flight cases’. They are nowhere near the ‘top of the range’ for Shunyata but I am truly gobsmacked. I’m probably late to the power party and many of you did this ages ago. I thought I was clever getting a dedicated line from the junction box installed for the hifi and swapping out the double points for ones without switches. But this next step is truly a revelation. If you haven’t had a power demo, tried a power conditioner or tried your kit with really well made cables I urge you to try it. It’s better value than upgrading the boxes. This followed on from getting a transparent Ethernet cable. Also a major improvement!

1 Like

I wonder how much cheaper they’d be if they came in a simple cardboard box rather than a flight case, which seems rather OTT for something that will be confined to the loft. Out of interest, did you try Naim’s Powerline? This used to come in an unnecessary tin, but thankfully now it’s just a box. As you’ve found, good mains is really important. If you have a nice clean supply, a filtered conditioner should not be necessary and very often reduces the system performance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.