Uptone Etherregen 50 or 75 Ohm

Interesting. I had two daisy-chained ERs powered by a DC3+ LPS (no clock, however) and the PN sounded better without either of them in my system.

We all get different results for some reason.
All you can do is try and go with what works for you.

1 Like

As above.
But the phoenixnet will be reclocking the reclocked EtherRegen as it’s later in the chain.
But if it works for you then great.

Possibly because the interaction of local noise from these setups affecting subtly the resultant audio?

1 Like

Hi Probably yes, I think it is linked to the “noise” traveling through the ethernet cables…my setup has the ER has a routing hub (the router is using only one output to the ER which in turn is redistributing through its B side with all slots occupied while the one ER output (A side) is going to the Phoenix net which then goes to the ND 555. Initially the ER was used only to filter to the ND555 but when I changed all other lan cables from the router to the ER, I felt a supplemental gain in clarity. It is interesting that this ER Bside is infact both input and output

Yes quite surprising to me too this is why I tried (hoped) to remove the combo. Maybe it has to do with the ER “shielding” from electromagnetic noise, or alternatively having a first clock reduces the burden on the one in the Phoenixnet.

I am not sure if perhaps you don’t quite know how network switches work, but that is how switches are designed to work. With TCP data on networks, data passes in both directions at layer 2 and 3… there is a not an input or output as it were. Networks just don’t work like that. Even with UDP data passes in both directions at layer 2.
At higher levels there are stateful firewalls or directional NAT in routers and firewalls that can only originate flows in one direction, but even so data passes in both directions with TCP.

Thanks Simon, I learned something now. I didn’t really realize. So anyway there is one slot only on one side of the ER and that one gets a special audiophile treatment I believe.

I suspect this is household/system-dependent. I used to daisy-chain two EtherRegens, finding a benefit from this, but when I got the PhoenixNet , I found it sounded best without anything else in the chain - either one or two EtherRegens