Urika -> Naim preamp: which IC do you use?

I do think there’s a worthwhile SQ improvement to be had in using the DIN’s via an adapter Vs straight into the Phono’s, despite the Heath Robinson arrangement . A bit more spacious and subtle. It costs very little to check out for yourself. The Mayware adapter cost me £8.60 from an online seller. Worth a try I’d recommend.

Interesting idea - i also run silvers from my kds. If it is an improvement there may be more options. With Linn DS sources the general consensus amongst those I know with Linn systems was the silvers are hard to beat.

It lost all its analogue characteristics. It sounded too digital. I am sure I heard clipping at times as well but that could be my imagination. Anyway I was so relieved when I got my urika I back. I had stopped listening to the LP12 completely. Also it takes the KDS about 45-60 minutes to truly warm up which was hugely frustrating. Given the Karousel lowers the noise floor even more substantially than the digital processing in the urika II that would be a far better upgrade imho if you haven’t already done so.

Appreciate the insight, along the lines of what I imagined you may say.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.