US Finally Getting Supernait 3's

surprised the SN3 took so long in US , they are already on sale s/h in UK . one just sold for 2695 on a famous site , not much more than dealers are asking for trheir ex dem sn2 . !

I recently purchased both a Muso 2 and QB2 from U.S. dealers.

But have you compared it to SN2…? Do you know SN2 in depth…?

I don’t know the history of Naim’s integrated amplifiers, nor the evolution of their products, but I also don’t need to know it to assess my experience with both integrated amplifiers. I admit that I may be biased by the strange operation of my SN3 unit, which, after numerous power cuts due to excess current and overheating (with the unit cold!), I finally had to return back; and I believe that at no time did it work properly, so I do not know for sure if that is the “normal” operation of the SN3 or is that my unit was defective from origin. But with the SN2 I didn’t have major problems during the month and a half that I tested it to top, and if my SN3 unit was not defective and its operation shows the general operation of the SN3, in my configuration, subjectively, I long prefer the SN2 to the SN3; and I would dare to say that, in general terms of operation and SQ, the SN3 doesn’t reach the level of the SN2. The SN2 is very special; the SN3 is much more like the market standard at that price level, for me it is a very good integrated amplifier, but it is not “special” like the SN2. And if there’s one thing about K6, among others, it’s that they tell you perfectly the story of everything in the signal chain…

But, well, I insist, since each one draws its own conclusions.

3 Likes

What is K6?
I have an SN3 on order to replace my SN2. I hope I haven’t made a big mistake. If so, it’ll be the first time in years my dealer has led me astray.

Nait 2 to Nait 3?

1 Like

Is it true the MSRP is less on the SN3 than the SN2?

It sounds like you’ve drawn a conclusion on the SN2, SN3 comparison based on a faulty SN3 unit. Did you get a replacement SN3 unit to see if your faulty unit actually had the intended performance when it was playing?

If not, I don’t think it’s the right time to judge anything

I believe that would be proac K6 speakers

Yes, K6s are the ProAc K6.

No, I really didn’t want to keep testing units of the Naim integrated amplifiers anymore; really no great fit with my system, and I have finally opted for the Musical Fidelity NuVista 600 integrated amplifier, a really fantastic synergy with the speakers and with the NDX2.

Yes, you may be right and the review is partially biased, as I’ve stated; but in any case it’s my experience and opinion after having consistently tested both in the same setup, which can be worth as much as that of anyone here, and probably more than that of any reviewer of a couple of days of use and spurious business interests.

So, being the SN3 a wonderful integrated amp, as it is, if it were me having an SN2, I certainly wouldn’t trade it for an SN3; but, as I also have pointed out, that everyone draws their own conclusions.

1 Like

Any initial feedback on your SN3? :slight_smile:

Despite my past negative comments, I have also traded in my SN2 for an SN3. I say this as someone who loved his SN2.

Yes, the US msrp of the SN3 is less than the SN2.

Yes, my dealer prefers the SN3 to the SN2 but would I expect him to say anything else? But would I expect him to lead me astray? (No)

My main reason for doing is my intent to keep a one box solution and my wife’s desire to add a record player back into the chain so the photo stage is good.

I’ll be listening and trying to form some opinions to post soon.

3 Likes

But I will say that most of what I’m reading about the SN3 isn’t positive. I’m skeptical of my decision. The SN2 is a lovely amp.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.