Use a MuSo 2 without an internet connection?

You could, although you need to check the available bandwidth and data allowance your carrier provides, as these can be a lot lower for hotspot use than for regular phone use. In some cases you can chew a whole months data allowance in an evening and lose the use of your phone. Always check the small print.

1 Like

Not sure I understand this. In U.S, terms I have a router connected to a cable modem (which also provides my phone and cable service). My MuSo has an ethernet connection to my router. As I mentioned above, on several occasions when I had a service provider outage or needed to reboot the cable modem for some reason, the router lit up a strange color but continued to work, at least for the short term. (I only recalled this after my initial post.)

Of course this assumes I have a router available in my godforsaken place. But I would think that Bluetooth would still work in any event. A USB storage device would also work, but I don’t know how I would navigate.

For the record, I do use streaming services, but I would happily settle for local music.

1 Like

True. Here in Germany I have the lowest flat-rate tier of my phone provider and that includes zero data charges for one type of media, naturally I chose audio streaming, so is a non-issue for me. Other countries and plans may differ

I fell foul of this once when my home internet connection was down and I rapidly used my phone allowance by tethering. Fortunately when I called my mobile carrier they were happy to give me a few extra GB free once I explained what had happened.

1 Like

You may be able to set up a small local network with something like an Airport Express which will connect your phone to the streamer.

1 Like

No problem… optical input from CD or DAC, 3.5mm input for any line output device you choose… I’ve hooked up a NAT05 for example.

Same great Naim sound :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.