Used 252 (2009)

With the recent announcement of the “New Classic” range the used market is awash with sales…great news for buyers.

My dealer has offered a 2009 NAC 252 for a reasonable price in excellent condition and am tempted to get to an end game 252 / SC / 250 DR this year.

Question please:
Conscious that this is 14-years old now - but where there any design changes to the 252 from its original launch date to 2022 (when it ceased production) ?

Am happy to get it serviced.

1 Like

The very early 252 did not have the compatibility to use the link for remote control via a 3.5mm jack**. By 2009 it did have the capability.
Otherwise, I believe there were only very minor changes throughout production.
**Some early 252 (mine included) have been updated to incorporate the remote link jack/socket.

1 Like

AFAIK a service would bring it up to the latest spec…

2 Likes

Thanks both, good to hear about the 3.5mm addition I will make sure it has that.

You do know that the 252 needs a SuperCap to work… :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, but am taking advantage of the purchase price while I can.

It will sit in a box in the spare room for a few weeks whilst I sell my SN3 and buy a SuoerCap.

2 Likes

Cool… Just checking… nasty shock otherwise… :astonished:

1 Like

Mines a 2004 vintage and has been serviced a couple of times and has the remote volume function connected to the NDS.

Tim

1 Like

Conventional wisdom appears to be the 252 sounds much better with a SC DR over non-DR

My 20 year old 252/SC/250 were serviced and DR’d last year. They sounded great before the service but given their age, I had it done anyway. Sounded great when I got them back, too. If the price is good, I’d say go-for-it.

And the 252/SC has dedicated power rails for the Stageline/Superline!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.