Using Flatcap 2X for 2 Pre amp supply : NAC-62 and NAC-112X, How about the connection?

I already got the clarity, so it’s like this: NAC-112X, NAP-150X, and Flatcap 2 are indeed 3 series, 1 set, if there is a CD, the pair is CD5i, while the NAC-122X, NAP-150X and Flatcap 2X are 3 series also, if there is a partner CD5X. Now the difference in supply voltage from Flatcap and Flatcap 2X is, if Flatcap 2X = 4 x 24VDC, where the first 2 x24VDC is for supply to NAC-122X while the second 2x24VDC is for CD5X because CD5X supply is 24VDC. While Flatcap 2 = 2 x 24VDC and 2 x 22VDC, where the first 2 x 24VDC is for supply to NAC-112X and 2 x 22VDC for CD5i because CD5i supply is 22VDC.
So if you want to supply to 2 Pre-Amps, the conclusion must be to use Flatcap 2X, because all PreAmp Naim uses 24VDC supply both CB, Olive and Classic

is my conclusion correct?

how about my 2nd wiring opinion like this

Confused :crazy_face:

1 Like

You can’t power a CD5i with any external power supply

1 Like

No. The signal must go via the power supply. Just forget wiring two preamps to a Flatcap. Use it on one or the other or get a Hicap for the 62.

1 Like

Quite right.

Primemerkava, whatever you do, never connect a Naim power amp directly to a pre-amp if the pre-amp is also being powered by a power supply, otherwise you end up with two supplies, impaired performance and overs-stressed regulators, which may well cause premature component failure.

As previously written, you shouldn’t try powering two pre-amps from the same power supply. It’s not designed that way.

2 Likes

sorry, CD5 I meant
thank you for correcting

Yes, I think I’d better left every set to work alone

NAC-62/NAP-140 and searching for CB Hicap
and
NAC-112X/NAP-150X packed with Flatcap, sorry not Flatcap 2 as I mentioned above

Just to make it abundantly clear:
a flatcap or hicap gives power (electricity) to the nac (preamp) through a snaic 5, and gets back the preamp signal through the same snaic 5.
the flatcap or hicap then passes on the same preamp signal from the nac to the nap (power amp) via a snaic 4.

When a flatcap is powering a cd player, it is just supplying power (electricity); the source signal from the cd player doesnt go anywhere other than direct to the preamp via another interconnect.

Hence a flatcap can power a single preamp and/or a single cd player, but no other combination.

4 Likes

thank you so much to make a clear conclusion

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.