Using Tidal on iphone

I have a Tidal subscription and generally listen on a UnityStar via the Naim App.
When I am away from home, I would like to be able to listen to Tidal on my iphone through headphones (yes, I know the sound quality won’t be great).
Please can someone give me an idiots guide as to how to achieve this. I gather I need to go through the Tidal website and not directly on the ios app so as to avoid paying extra.
However, when I go through the Tidal website I have two options:- “Install” and “Open in Tidal”.
I assume I need the latter option, but I then get the message “Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid”.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you have the Tidal app on your iPhone, you can listen to it with headphones. There is no extra charge if you use it on a second device. Just use the same user name and password that you use on the Naim app.

1 Like

Thanks Chris, it isn’t an extra fee to Tidal I’m trying to avoid, it’s a fee to Apple if I download the Tidal app in the “wrong” way.

As others have said just listen through the Tidal app , not through Naim app. The Tidal app also allows you to download albums to your phone so you don’t need to use your data allowance to listen and means you can also listen on aeroplanes in Flight Mode

I don’t know if this is still the case, but at one stage if you took out a Tidal sub through Apple, they charged more for it. Perhaps this is what the OP is referring to? If I was in that position, I would cancel the sub and open a new one via Tidal’s website. Either way, if you sign into Tidal using an existing login, your existing account should work on that app with no extra charge.

1 Like

Can’t get the latest Tidal app to update on an iPhone. It completes the update and then claims its not been done.

It ought to be free though oddly I can now see 2 Tidal Music apps, one with an ‘Ad’ icon over it!

If you are wondering about in-app subscriptions (Apple takes a big cut) they’re optional, you’d just sign in with your existing Tidal credentials.

It’s the same app, with a bit of pointless advertising (of the search engine optimisation type) from Tidal to add to the confusion.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for your helpful replies. My concern was whether downloading the Tidal App from the AppStore automatically meant that you would receive Apple fees on top of the Tidal subscription. I now know that is not the case. I went to Tidal customer support who confirmed this, though they did say “the iOS app for Apple phones has an issue we are working on” which may explain MikeHughes problem. For what it’s worth, I did download the Tidal app and it seems to be working okay. Thanks again.

Yes the update finally worked today.

A few years ago (when I signed up) if you signed up via the App Store it was more expensive then signing up via Tidal directly and then downloading the app and signing in

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.