Valid alternative to the powerline lite ac cable

Dear All,
I’d like to improve the standard AC power cable of my Nap 200DR, but I know the powerline lite (which is better than the standard one) is only for the UK market.
Therefore, for the EU market, which is a valid alternative to the powerline lite cable, if any ?
Thank you in advance
Regards
David

You should be able to find a used Powerline at very reasonable cost.

Thanks,
But except the highest Powerline, I mean in the mid range level AC powercable market…

The Naim Powerline is mid range when you look at the entire spectrum of power cables on the market. I would not buy anything further down-market for a 200.

1 Like

Hi David, a used UK Powerline lite might not have the right connector for your local EU country. A suggestion could be one of the Chord powercord’s, f.i. Shawline. Chord Company has several product lines, for various budgets. Success

1 Like

Try a Sean Jacobs Powerblack. I had him make one up for my NAP 160 (US) and it sounds good to me, retains all of that Naim sound. But plenty of options out there, though I would probably stay away from anything heavily shielded or too esoteric.

1 Like

Thanks Mike
Just wondering if Chord shawline will be good as AC power cable with Naim elettronica, for its construction materials etc…

Thanks !

1 Like

Somewhere in the past I did use AQ power cables, but in the end I ended up full loom Naim Powerlines (no Lite’s). No idea about Shawline construction materials, and moreover no personal experience with specifically Chord power cords, only with Chord interlinks (Signature TA, pretty good!). More in general Chord cables match very well with Naim stuff. As hinted before; it also depends on the budget you want to spend.

1 Like

Hi David, I don’t know how many Naim units you need to power up, but if it’s more than one then consider a Hydra. I got one from Grahams Hi Fi in London, I’m sure they’d post overseas. Anyway I was amazed what an improvement to the sound it made IMO. I assume it is because it provides such precise star earthing closer to the units.
Best wishes Amer

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.