Vangelis. R.I.P

This is very sad.

14 Likes

Oh that’s sad.

Saw both films in the cinema, both enhanced by his music. Have the soundtrack to Chariots Of Fire .

Very distinctive

3 Likes

Enjoy listening to many of his works
 R.I.P

2 Likes

Sad indeed. Spiral was the first synthesizer album I heard. Off to the mancave then for some nostalgia

4 Likes

Very sad, great music loved his Jon and Vangelis friends of Mr Ciaro

Chariots of fire for sure this weekend

3 Likes

Vangelis, a friend of Mr Cairo had died. RIP

3 Likes
2 Likes

I still remember the shared glow of pride (and surprise!) I felt with my fellow St Andrews students as we watched the athletes running on our West Sands to the Vangelis soundtrack, in Chariots of Fire at The Picture House on North Street.

RIP

3 Likes

The great man in his studio. What a loss.

1 Like

Look all all those synths:

4 Likes

R.I.P.

3 Likes

Ooh, don’t, you’ll get me listing makes and models and that won’t improve anyone’s day.

Here are my favourites:

All of these are full of great music and have given me huge listening pleasure for decades.

Î±ÎœÎ±Ï€Î±ÏÏƒÎżÏ… ΔΜ ΔÎčÏÎźÎœÎ·

4 Likes

Another sad loss. He left so much distinctive music as others have already listed; I would add 1492 - Conquest of Paradise to these. My first encounter with his music was when Alan ‘Fluff’ Freeman played Heaven & Hell on his Saturday afternoon radio show - mind blowing. The music for Chariots of Fire & Blade Runner is iconic, adding to the impact of the films - imagine either film without this music.

1 Like

Fun fact: two tracks from Opera Sauvage were used in Chariots of Fire. Firstly, L’Enfant was played whilst the famous opening beach-running scene was filmed, and Hymne was used on the soundtrack but not included on the album.

1 Like

A legend.

Here Vangelis with Demis

3 Likes

Which contains this:

4 Likes

Thats a shame, i loved the music in Blade Runner

The State of Independence from this album is monumental.

14 Likes

Soundtrack to Bladerunner is a favourite. Sad news.

2 Likes

His music was so special to me. Another legend is gone. RIP.

1 Like