Vinyl Listening Session

It has been a while since I just really sat and enjoyed some vinyl. Last Friday, my wife and i had a guest over for a few hours and we just sat and listened to vinyl for a couple of those. Lots of toe tapping, eyes closed, head swaying, fun. I took my supercap dr off the superline to make room for another 555 PS on the ND555. I may have to go back to one 555 PS on the ND555 to put the supercap back on the superline. Glad I didn’t sell it yet! Hope everyone is enjoying the week.

7 Likes

What was on the playlist?

Here’s a few I can remember off the top of my head:

Chico Hamilton - Forest Flower
Bill Evans - You and the night of the music
Led Zeppelin - That’s the way
Kat Edmonson - Just like Heaven
Little Feat - Fat man in the bathtub
Dave Matthews Band - Linus and Lucy (Live)
U2 - Bad (Live)
Rush - The spirit of Radio
Jennifer Warnes - The Ballard of the runaway horse
Patricia Barder - Light my fire

4 Likes

Wow! That’s a really mixed bag.
:ballot_box_with_check:Big ticks for Bill Evans, Little Feat and Rush as far as I’m concerned :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It sounds like a fun evening. I love those times that music selection meanders in ways, perhaps only connected to the people at the particular listening session. I love your Patricia Barber ending choice.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of Rush but their vinyl lps never sound great on my system. I’ve tried them all, ok but not great. My wife texts me whenever they are on Radio 2 asking me to guess which track. It’s the same one every time :joy:

1 Like

I enjoy listening to vinyl, I would say as much as the other formats, but my collection is currently much smaller than it once was. I have two Beogram tangential decks, a 4002 and an 8002, as well as a Rega Planar 3 (the latter is currently connected to my SN3).

Buying new, recently released or re-released vinyl, you have to check how it’s been transferred, i.e. from the original analogue or a digital remaster. The latter can sometimes be somewhat lacking, e.g. compressed, compared to the original analogue release (some Pink Floyd remasters being a good example of this).

It was the same with Planet Rock. Always 1 of 4 songs. The exception was a show called “The Long Player”, where they would play anything requested. Once had them play the whole of 2112, but they did that regularly too as it was often requested.
I tried several times to get them to play Cygnus X1 parts 1 & 2 together, but they never did it to my knowledge🤷🏻‍♂️
The four songs are;
•Tom Sawyer
•Limelight
•Freewill
•YYZ
They’d occasionally play others, but these were the regulars. YYZ was usually played by Darren Reddick of course…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.