Vinyl releases on pre order

These forthcoming Blue Note Classics look excellent - I don’t know some of them at all - looking forward to exploring. Have now pre-ordered the Foster and McDuff LPs. Thanks for the tip-off.

Vieux Farka Toure - Les Racines, World Circuit (2022) PRE ORDER ON Amazon

1 Like

We do love VFT**. Saw him a few years ago at Southampton Uni. Brill!

**likewise his dad!

1 Like

Cheers chief, just had a quick listen and it is smooth. Nice one cheers

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Dude you know how to roll! Like your style!

Atb
Kk

John Coltrane - My Favourite Things, Atlantic/Rhino 60th Anniversary (2022) PRE ORDERED FROM AMAZON France.

60th anniversary of John Coltrane’s *My Favorite Things on Rhino released on May 20th. My Favorite Things 60th Anniversary Deluxe Edition will be available on CD and vinyl, and was remastered from the original tapes and features new stereo and mono mixes. The mono mixes were once thought to be lost.

The double album will be a replica of the original record sleeve that contains a booklet with photographs and new liner notes by famous music journalist and author Ben Ratliff.

Can’t find info on who is remastering or where the vinyl will be pressed.

5 Likes

Gerald Wilson Big Band - Moment of Truth Pacific Jazz/Tone Poet (2022)

I must admit this record is totally new to me but after listening to it a couple of times on Youtube think I’ll take the plunge.

3 Likes

All the Roxy Music LPs are being re-released, my order of For Your Pleasure should be shipped April 1st, I love this LP and it already sounds astonishing on my 1973 (?) original, double-win
Blurb says " these new 2022 pressings are brand new half-speed versions cut by Miles Showell at Abbey Road"

3 Likes

I will be surprised if this new half speed improves on your original but will be interested to hear your thoughts.

I’ve been discussing this reissue with someone who alerted me to the Electric Recording Company Mono version of My Favorite Things. £370 rrp and now almost £600 on Discogs.

Apparently there was some damage discovered to the original Mono Masters though it doesn’t seem to have had any Ill effects SQ wise.

ERC’s owner apparently had to pay huge insurance premiums to be allowed to use the Mono Tapes but wether Rhino are doing the same or using ECR’s plates I don’t know.

I have a Pure Pleasure reissue of this excellent record so don’t need a copy myself but if you don’t already own it this Kevin Gray cut should be excellent.

81HQv1gRB-L.AC_SX679

3 Likes

Thanks Bob for this heads up. Now pre-ordered :+1:

1 Like

I was looking for a Cassandra Wilson to answer the post from Bob above, but found this from Ornette instead…
Captivated…

Whoops! Wrong thread! Sorry…

3 Likes

Out 20th May. Includes mono and stereo versions, no info at the mo about mastering etc.

2 Likes

Have they found some mono master tapes? When I bought the Atlantic mono box a few years ago it didn’t have My Fav Things because supposedly there were no tapes.

Yes they have found another set of tapes (one set was lost in a fire at the Atlantic vaults) in the period between that mono box and now…

1 Like

ERC did a mono version last year when it was discovered that these ‘Lost Mono’ tapes did have some damage if you look up thread I’ve posted on it.

This wonderful Abbey LP will be availble in Bernie Grundman-mastered form at the end of next month…

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip off Kevster, have just pre-ordered.

2 Likes

Me too. I’ll be interested to see what Bernie’s mastering brings to the Straight Ahead table.