Vinyl releases on pre order

Judging by the email I received this morning it looks like the release date here in the UK may have slipped slightly.

Long held in the Blue Note vaults some pretty raw live jazz funk from DB and 10 piece band. Release Date 4 December. Could’ve splashed a bit of cash on the cover tho.

4 Likes

Stones in Mono is to be repressed after the rumours and uncertainty.

3 Likes

20th January 2023 release date, hopefully they will stick to it this time.

Just see this…Oh it looks like Clive B got there before me.

That’s the Universal website so it’s the first time there has been an official listing.

Good to read. Like others here, I’ve had this on order for a while, albeit didn’t know that it was coloured vinyl. I just hope the original order is honoured…

2 Likes

I did have it preordered for £273.78 with a release date of 21st October 2022. I am sure others on the forum had it preordered as well.

1 Like

I know and I have seen the Steve Hoffman forum thread with a number of people preordering. However, the preorder was only available on the U.K. and Spanish Amazon sites and WH Smith in the U.K. (as far as I can remember). There was no official announcement or general listing which raised questions about the validity of the release. The difference today is that the listing on the Universal mail order site is from the Stones’ record label and therefore the first official announcement of the release. If the preorders are fulfilled you will have a bargain!

2 Likes

Why this bloody obsession with doing everything on coloured vinyl though, bah! :grin:

2 Likes

Nostalgia 77 - The Loneliest Flower In The Village, Jazzman. (2023)

Benedic Lamdin’s Nostalgia 77 have been around for lots of years I became aware of them through their excellent collaboration in 2014 with Prince Fatty In The Kingdom of Dub since then Benedic has spent a lot of time behind the mixing desk for artists amongst others Kokoroko, Shabaka Hutchings, Gregory Porter, The Ezra Collective, Tom Skinner and Seed Ensemble.

The Loneliest Flower is a return Benedic’s Jazz routes and features originals by Riaan Vosloo and James Allsopp and covers by long term influences from South Africa such as Chris MacGregor and Abdullah Ibrahim.

Hopefully there will be a single LP remaster as well as this 50th Anniversary Box Set.

2 Likes

Interesting update from Michael re: Rolling Stones Mono Box Set. Claims he has been informed that orders made last year will be honoured at the price quoted then. If so, a substantial discount @CliveB @johnt @Richard.Dane @Quad33

8 Likes

Great news! Thanks ID.

1 Like

Art Blakeys Jazz Messengers - Hard Drive, Bethlehem (2023)

Reissue of this 1957 Art Blakey date on Bethlehem Records

1 Like

Go Go Penguins new release

3 Likes

Theo Croker Quartet - Sketches of Miles, ACT (2023)

From the Jazz at Berlin Philharmoniker XII Series Theo Croker covers Miles Davis this double LP looks a beauty but at £48 I think I’ll wait for a Used or cheaper copy to come my way.

1 Like

The price over here is 32,99 EUR (jpc)

I’m back over in Spain for Christmas so may get one posted to me there.

1 Like

It’s Bob!

2 Likes