Vinyl releases on pre order

Ike Quebec - Heavy Soul, BN/Classic Series (2023)

At last an affordable reissue of the excellent Heavy Soul.

2 Likes

Canonball Adderley Quintet - In Chicago, Verve/Acoustic Sounds (2023)

2 Likes

Nathan Davies Quintet Ft Carmell Jones - The Hip Walk, MPS (2023)

It’s going to be another expensive few months.

1 Like

Mal/2 is a great album, featuring John Coltrane and Jackie McLean. I have an old French Prestige two-fer that combines Mal/1 and Mal/2, but it’s likely mastered from a copy tape. I look forward to hearing what Kevin Gray does with the original master tape.

1 Like

Excellent album. I have the Speaker’s Corner of this one and it’s a real favourite.

2 Likes

Will be interesting to see how they compare. The SC version (I have it too) was cut at PMDC (Polygram) in Germany, but no telling who mastered it.

I’ve only ever heard a digital stream of this record so am really looking forward to hearing a vinyl copy.

I have not heard of this release - can you tell me more, please?

(As I have posted elsewhere, our Rog can be a surly b*gger, but he does produce great music sometimes.)

It’s an album he recorded during lockdown.

Initially it was available on streaming only but has now been released on vinyl and CD.

1 Like

1 Like

Ahh, Young Neil! What a fantastic musician he is!

2 Likes

Re-mixed and released later this month, one of Serge’s best!

5 Likes

That is a great album, and extremely well recorded

1 Like

Phil Woods - Rights of Swing, Candid (2023)

Joe Harriott & Amancio D’Silva Quartet – Hum Dono, Trunk Records (2023)

Reissue of another Denis Preston Lansdowne Series Classic from 1969 featuring Ian Carr, Dave Green and Norma Winstone.

3 Likes

A previously-unreleased live recording by Nina Simone, recorded at the Newport Jazz Festival in 1966. Out 21st July –

7 Likes

Nice one, do you know anything regarding Vinyl pressing/quality?

Not heard it yet!

1 Like

Byard Lancaster - It’s Not Up To Us, Superior Viaduct (2023)

I’ve played this a few times on over the past few days and it’s really growing on me not sure about the pressing mastering etc so will wait for reviews before buying it.

Átta - Sigur Rós

1 Like