Vinyl revival rocks Britain's inflation basket

I reached the same conclusion having revitalised my old vinyl collection since getting the LP12. I’ve bought some new vinyl, a few favourites, some old recordings, some new. The older vinyl or new vinyl from old analogue recordings is generally better. I’ve also had a few quality issues with new records - occasional surface noise and dimples, plus my pet frustration - cardboard liners!

The other conclusion I’ve reached is that if you have a good original vinyl collection, it deserves a good player to enjoy it.

2 Likes

Perhaps for similar reasons, IME, older CDs often sound better than remastered CDs.

Ah, it was the long summer of 1990. I’d been buying vinyl since 1985 because that and cassettes were all I could play at home, and I knew vinyl sounded better of the two.

Having just finished my GCSEs, I knew it was only a matter of time before I’d save enough for my own CDP. Sick and tired of Snap, Crackle & Pop, even on new vinyl played on my stepfather’s pretty good turntable, let alone my Dual, I knew I wanted the longer playing time, low background noise and better SQ (discuss… no, better still, don’t) of CD. So, I decided to start buying CDs in anticipation of owning a CDP. In the meantime, I would record them to cassette using a mate’s player to listen to the content.

Six months later, I bought my first CDP, still in the garage and still working perfectly, last I checked.

Mark

4 Likes

I think you’re possibly on entirely the wrong thread here Dan.

Now that vinyl is in the ONS basket of goods, vinyl prices will have an effect on inflation measures such as CPI and RPI and, ultimately, on my pension. So please everyone keep on buying it and pushing up the price. :relieved:

Roger

2 Likes

Why am I on the wrong thread Mike?

2 Likes

I think someone is making lots of money cashing in on a vinyl revival, if you guys are happy to pay a premium for what sometimes is a dubious (digital) recording then who cares.

I just hope there’s always a choice of both LPs and CDs.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.