Vivid Speakers & Naim

Personally, I find this type of publications quite unrealistic and irrelevant. In this case, a very expensive Vivid speaker gets compared to a Magico that costs a stratospheric 2,5 x times more. I mean, WT… :man_shrugging:t2:

Regardless the outcome, I’d be more interested in a comparison between Magico and Vivid at a comparable price level. Say the M3 or something.

1 Like

I share the same opinion.

This kind of hardware test is rarely unbiased. Which, in the end, is to be expected. People who live from these publications can’t afford to say it all.

Moreover, in the present case the article loses all its meaning.

As you said, in order to compare properly, it would be better to compare speakers of an equivalent price and I would add designed at about the same time period.

1 Like

Hi Thomas, thank you for your helpful suggestions, and although playing with the thought of ‘what if’, I have consoled myself with the fact, that paying doubled up electricity/ gas bills is much more exciting :face_with_head_bandage:
When do your M6s arrive? Best Peter

The reviewer has the Magico Q7 . He received the Vivid for a test and found the Vivid very good for their price, even bettering the Magico on one aspect. I don’t find anything wrong in that.
Quite all the reviewers do that. It’s of course better to compare speakers in the same category, but it’s not always and even rarely possible.

1 Like

Another review - this one by Darko of the Vivid Kaya S12.

3 Likes

Very nice. I agree the Vivids shine with Naim. I have used B&W 805’s, Revel Gems, Joseph Audio Perspectives, and Paradigm S8’s, the Giya 3 is head and shoulders above, as it should given the price differential. I am continually impressed with these speakers, no matter what source or amplification they are accurate and engaging as heck.

2 Likes

I personally enjoy reading anything I can find about sound and set up of my speakers older siblings. I felt it was very positive to the Vivids, he said they could “Fly”, whatever the hell that means, but sounds positive;) . I think concrete strengths and weakness are alway fun to read, just like any speaker, you just don’t know until it’s in your room. The Vivids exceeded my wildest expectations of what a speaker could do, in every category.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.