Vocal Jazz Music thread

This just a minuscule part of the collection. All ripped and stored on an array of NAS’s. Sometimes I feel like Igor hauling another crate of CDs up to the loft.

8 Likes

Blimey!

1 Like

And Yoko rules it all!

(With a little help from Paul Kossof?)

2 Likes

It’s the re-issue a few years ago of the Free catalogue. I have a similar spine set of Todd Rundgren’s albums but missing a couple so Todd looks a little deformed - or maybe better!

1 Like

@AndyP
But who is the face to the left, 8th row up?..could be Yoko again…or is that Todd…

Good game, this!

I love pics like these! I spotted the Atlantic Jazz Masters, but that’s all without HD.

1 Like

Umm that is spooky it does look like a face but is actually this

Here is Todd

3 Likes

Not sure if Gardot is really jazz?

This is a stone cold classic jazz vocal album, from the great Betty Carter:

3 Likes

The late great Jon Hendricks and friends, on fire in 1959:

This pairing of the notoriously singular Trane with the splendid Johnny Hartman shouldn’t work (on paper, at least), but it does - brilliantly.

6 Likes

Chris Connor seems to be better remembered these days as jazz’s first out lesbian, which is a terrible pity, as she’s one of the finest vocalists the music has ever seen.

This is a good place to start:

2 Likes

2 Likes

https://www.soundliaison.com/

[quote] Audiostream.com review:

Carmen Gomes: Carmen Gomes Sings the Blues

Another gem from Sound Liaison, this recording is Carmen Gomes’ take on Harry Belafonte’s Belafonte Sings the Blues.
Recorded in DXD, this recording is available in any high Rez flavor you prefer. The sound is killer .[/quote]

1 Like

@steviebee I can see a couple of Atlantic Jazz Masters.

1 Like

@AndyP

And you’re a very naughty boy!

3 Likes

Can’t seem to find this album on Tidal, has someone found it ?

…could not find ’ Carmen Gomes Sings the Blues’ here in the US. Only album listed is ‘Carmen Gomes Sings.’

Same in Italy. I might decide to order it from bandcamp…

What I know is…
She is selling the albums on CarmenGomes.bandcamp.com.
Besides there I have downloaded her albums in High Resolution from the https://www.soundliaison.com/ site.
The ‘‘Carmen Sings’’ on Sportify is a compilation from her older albums.

I encourage everybody to buy as much as possible from BandCamp as that is the most direct way of supporting an artist. On BandCamp the artist gets paid a fair share, So if possible go BandCamp!

1 Like