Voices that get on your nerves

Fara Williams and Tommy Walsh. Both should be strung up for the murder of the King’s English!

Nils Landgren. Swedish trombonist, excellent player, makes me want to strangle him with his own vocal cords when he sings.

I just can’t stand Ray Manzarek singing (or doing backing vocals) The Doors songs.

Axl Rose and that Gallagher guy from Oasis. Just can’t bear listening to them.

1 Like

Katie Razzall on the radio.

1 Like

Whiny nasal Gallagher…

1 Like

After reading this thread it would appear to be anybody and everyone. All the bases seem to have been covered.

4 Likes

Lewis Capaldi. In my opinion an extremely unpleasant noise comes out of his mouth!

1 Like

Glad I am not the only one who hates Queen. I was convinced by friends to see them at the Hammersmith Odeon. I had had a few beers before, and I fell asleep, out of sheer boredom.

I am old enough to consider these kings of bombast, the fist nail in the coffin of real rock music, who opened the doors for the hyper commercialization of the music, with Madonna, being the pinnacle.

I hate the bombastic music of this group with a passion.

3 Likes

Voices I cannot stand?

I love the music of Joni Mitchel, and have most of her LP’s, but her early childish voice grates somewhat.

Billie Eilish has a pretty unbearable voice. She sounds like she is half asleep.

1 Like

I would subscribe this letter by letter comma by comma, but I have justifications for Madonna, if ever because she was a good character and a good actress in Desperately Seeking Susan. But Queen is pure kitsch.

1 Like

Hate is too strong a word for me to describe music or performers I dislike but I can admit to only liking the one Queen album (Night- - -) and I that’s probably because it was innovative at the time. I was never a pop fan and so didn’t take to Madonna at the beginning but after seeing her as Eva Peron I thought she was perfect for the part acting and singing with real emotion. I’ve since re visited some of her oeuvre and quite like what I hear. On the other hand Staus Quo, how on earth have they lasted so long with a single chord? :rofl:

1 Like

Because its a great chord

:grinning:

5 Likes

What about a song with truly just one chord?

1 Like

Three surely. Rick says it is at 2.03…

5 Likes

Makes me want to play some Quo - fab stuff, thanks.

4 Likes

Might have to join you with some Quo this evening

:grinning:

3 Likes

Whatever You Want has four and half…

3 Likes

Well there you go…! :wink::+1:

1 Like