Vtuner down?

No stations at all here in Ireland, Tidal seems fine, anyone else having issues?

1 Like

Hi there- yes no radio here either. Everything else seems to work ok

1 Like

Yup, looks like its out, can’t get any station anywhere - I’m UK

2 Likes

Thanks Mike, it’s a bit weird, I had left bbc3 hd running all day while at work and when I came home an hour ago it was still playing fine but it’s only when I selected another station I discovered they were not available, then switched back to bbc 3 and it was gone too

1 Like

Hi Gents,

The primary vtuner went down due to a major hardware failure about 18:45 GMT today. Its running on the backup server, but its feeling the heat on sheer number of Naim customers going on to it.

The guys at VTuner are giving me updates as they are currently flipping us to a new primary server.

I’ll keep you updated on state of play as it comes in.

Regards

Steve Harris
Software Director

4 Likes

Cheers Steve

Hi,

VTuner primary server should be back again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards

Steve

1 Like

Thanks - works again for me. :+1:

Yes it’s working for me OK, I’m getting any stations I browse, UK, EU, N.A. & worldwide.
Is there any news about the RadioParadise service on Naims Choice, it seems to be working at the moment, but is this now a permanent fix. ?
… thanks

Hi @Mike-B

As discussed on the thread regarding Radio Paradise, the links that Naim expose are the 320K lossy links that are hosted in USA by Radio Paradise. They are not unique for Naim.

The downtime recently observed was due to Radio Paradise had issues with some of their streams. Naim don’t have any control over this, but naturally we pinged Bill at RP a message to let him know that all is not well.

Best regards

Steve Harris
Software Director

1 Like

Hi Steve

The Fip 192k AAC station you recently added is no longer in Naims Choice or Internet Radio as the 192k AAC stream you added. I can’t add it myself as its not there, can you please reinstate it?
Many Thanks
Angus

Hi @Gus

FIP is back again. We had a server failure last week and the Naim Choice favs were restored from a different backup point. All sorted now.

Best

Steve

1 Like

Hi all.

Do you know if is Vtuner down again…?

Aat least around here in Spain there is no functioning of the stations since this morning…

Cheers.

It’s working normally for me un the UK.

1 Like

Thank you, @ChrisSU; always attentive and predisposed.

Hi @newcomer

Just checked the system up-time monitors and there has been no downtime and it’s a common server that handles all countries. Vtuner only handles the directory of stations, it does not host the station streams, which is done by the various radio stations.

We normally find that when it’s failing only in a given region, some network equipment has failed in that countries internet backbone and traffic is going into a black hole, while IT staff manically reconfig things.

Best regards

Steve Harris
Software Director

1 Like

Thank you very much for the information, Steve.

As I’ve reported in another thread, the problem has been not just VTuner, but all the network inputs of my NDX2, which have been down all day and towards the end of the afternoon, mysteriously and after two system hard restarts, suggested by Richard Dane, has returned to normal operation, and even with an important lift in SQ.

Something must have happened, perhaps related to this you’re pointing out on some network equipment failing in the countrie internet backbone and traffic going into a black hole; but who knows…

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.