vTuner Down?

No iRadio again this morning. Wondering if anyone else is having trouble?

Same for me now.

1 Like

Same

Hi,

There seems to be a routing issue getting to the data centre where vtuner is hosted. I’ve informed vtuner that there is an issue, but this one might be out of their control as it hints some internet infrastructure has gone down.

Here is a trace to naim.vtuner.com … it drops into a black hole somewhere between New york and Miami.

The backup server is also effected as well.

We’ll keep this channel informed as soon as we get any news.

Regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

1 Like

Thanks Steve.

Thanks, Steve!

I think it may be the dreaded Bermuda Triangle acting up again.

Hi,

Traffic seems to be flowing from New York to Miami again. Vtuner is now accessible.

Apologies for the down time. The internet isn’t always as robust as we would like it to be

Regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

1 Like

All good in Chicago… thanks again, Steve!

Looks like vtuner down again. Reading up on vtuner it appears Denon, Yamaha and others moving away in favour of airable. Interesting reads.

Yes, down for me too.

OK here in NZ at the mo…

Hi Guys,

VTuner were doing some planned maintenance at 03:00 UK time on the primary server that lasted just over 1hrs. The backup server was active, but it can take time for devices to switch over.

As we have customers worldwide it can be hard to find a convenient time to do server updates. There is always some region that is awake and wanting to play radio and internet radio is an extremely popular service. The dedicated Naim Vtuner server gets about 80000 requests per hour from Naim customers/devices.

On a side note, VTuners uptime stats are in the 99.9% zone, so it’s a very reliable service. As seen earlier on in this thread it’s often other bits of the internet that fail that causes a perceived failure.

Best regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.