Wall paper « optical illusion «

has anyone tried wall painted paper which creates optical illusion ?
i am tempted.

here some examples :

1 Like

No, though I quite fancy a full wall mural of a nice place - the question is what would I choose!

Have you seen the garage door illusions? You can buy as stickers, a bit like wallpaper:

Garage Doorurals For Sale Ukural Decals Outstanding Covers Effect Decorating Good Looking

the first one is not bad. I too don’t know which one i would choose.

too many possibilities

perhaps the last. illusion of a window with a nice view

yes, i was thinking of stickers, a paint paper which is glued to the wall.
It’s not very expensive.

Within the house I only have one wall bare enough to do that (i.e. without windows or without cupboards or other storage, but it is tempting if/when I find an image that suits. The lighting needs to complement it of course.

i have 2 walls in front of me, white ones. I have paintings on it, but i am wondering on these stickers. Maybe 2 illusion windows with a view, so different but similar views perhaps.

these ones not bad too

I’d rather have original art, painted with skill and passion, than an paper illusion of someone else’s life. They are clever and a bit of fun but I imagine one would tire of them quickly. They are probably more for cafés than a private house.

1 Like

@frenchrooster How do you find time for normal living - it seems you spend a lot of time trawling the internet for images!

1 Like

I used to have one of a forest scene , but that was over 30 years ago. Quite nice idea but gets a bit tedious after a while.

1 Like

Of course, the best thing for a wall “illusion”, and these days achievable, might be a wall size screen - or, cheaper and easier, a window sized screen, which could even have fake windows in front, and even curtains or blind, for added realism. You could then have a selection of images you choose according to mood, or even link to a live camera somewhere else…

1 Like

The designs using lots of stickers are quite nice. I can see this creating an interesting space somewhere.
Although I would be worried about its longevity. With dust and cobwebs sticking to the edges.

1 Like

yes, as some pointed, longevity may be the problem.

I’d want Hilda Ogden’s “Muriel”, with a few flying ducks chucked in. :blush:

1 Like

a lot of time to find images : not at all my Sweetie !

1 Like

In searching the internet for images, one would want to be a lot more selective than trawling, otherwise much of the by-catch would be rather unsavoury and indigestible!

it’s the point of that thread… Optical illusion wall paper. Images are necessary.
so don’t see any reasons for your both criticisms. I have however not the feeling of thrawling images. Sometimes they can express more than words, even more in my case, a non english guy.
Have a good day and love each other. Peace.

I think that in Xanthe’s post you missed the good old British humour, deliberately taking a literal view of original meaning of the word ‘trawl’ (a fishing technique where a net with an open mouth is dragged through the sea), ignoring that the word had come to have a wider meaning of just searching through lots of things.

1 Like

FR, no offence meant; IB is right that was just humour!

No problems, sorry for the misunderstanding.

1 Like