Warning - Audirvana Studio modifies your files

A sad start for Audirvana, resolving the issues should be their priority now.

I have had my issues with Audirvana in the past, now I waited before even trying to use it, and really see how it was doing, but reading the posts makes me feel a déjà vu of my experience on them.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that since Studio was announced, in that short space of time, the second hand prices for Lumin, Auralic and Esoteric streaming transports has gone utterly bananas.

Coincidence perhaps. Or people jumping ship en masse and giving up on software transports.

Obviously I noticed this because that’s exactly what I’m plotting. Lead times on new units is long and mint condition second hand ones go for more than retail.

1 Like

There are many things I’d like to buy, especially hi-fi and computer wise, but for some reason am holding off.

I’ve just bought about £600 worth of power tools, and I’d consider them to be fairly expensive versions, which will not get heavy usage from me, only for gardening and a spot of DIY. However when I think that I’ve got some hopefully excellent quality tools for considerably less than a HICAP DR, or less than an interconnect I’ve been pondering over you realise how skewed priorities can be with hi-fi. We think nothing of spending thousands when there are other things we put up with as they ‘do the job’.

Also I probably need a new Mac but am struggling to justify it at the moment. Naturally I don’t ‘need’ one precisely now but the old Mini is maybe becoming a little glitchy and won’t last forever.

Absolutely. My Luxman amp has been available second hand for 25% over retail since mid last year. Total gold dust due to Covid.

But the sudden increase in second hand streaming transport prices is largely in the past week.

Now, I’m not saying that Audirvana imploding is the cause. I’m just saying there’s correlation. Could be 101 reasons.

It might also have to do with all the streaming services now announcing their HD tiers, and most people arguably feel that a hardware streamer is a better investment than software (Roon/Audivarna).

You say that as if it were a bad thing… :upside_down_face:

So far the only way I can get AS to run via my N272 without periodic white-noise eruptions is to enable upsampling in AS settings. Suspect this is not good for SQ. Loss of musical involvement seems to be the main casualty.

Don’t think I’ll be rushing to pay a subscription for AS.

‘Most people’ I doubt. A high proportion of people used to buying hifi black or siver boxes possibly…

Correlation in time, perhaps. It may or may not be related.

Well it seems the latest version default does not insert a new tag- whoopee!

Annoyingly it seems to want me to login every time I open it, I really can’t be arsed especially as it won’t save my password which I keep forgetting.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.