Warning - avoid Hermes and by extension Wiggle!

Suggest watching " Sorry we Missed You "

I have had my worst delivery experiences as a recipient with Hermes, DPD and UPS.

I have had a great record of sending parcels to fulfill fleabay sales via Royal Mail - with only one bad delivery out of about 200 items I’ve sent (and even this looked like it was probably not Royal Mail’s fault).

The sheer amount of parcels that must go through the system means there will be the occasional c*ck up. The only issue I’ve had was a box of medical supplies arriving at work instead of an expected Naim box. Tom Tom quickly sorted it and I was able to nip up the road and collect my 282 from the Royal Surrey hospital stores.

3 Likes

I had three home deliveries this week. All arrived one or two days before the initial estimated delivery day.

The Royal Mail delivery was one day earlier than the retailer estimated. Not a problem and the postman left the parcel in a pre-agreed safe place because we were out.

Hermes delivered three days earlier than the seller (Clark’s Shoes) had initially estimated. Hermes texted this revised delivery date and time about an hour before their planned delivery which had a 2 hour window. We were out on our daily walk when notified. The delivery was actually about an hour and a half after their two hour window. The driver did wait until we answered the door before hasting back to his van.

The Third delivery was within their two hour window, although again, this window was three days earlier than Amazon had initially quoted. The delivery window was sent to us about 5 hours prior to the start of the window.

Overall, not perfect, but equally no major issues.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.