Warranty repair delay!

It was a warrantie repair, it had no cost, the only cost was the scratched NDX 2, the position of Naim or Jordan from Naim is:

Quote “ I’ve had the photos reviewed for you by the head of the department and taken to the service department for investigation and can confirm there was no damage to the box or product upon completion and reboxing on our end.” end quote.

As I said it is what it is and is frustrating.

I have to add that my sight is not the best, and only my wife noticed. The photos were taken with a flash as the damage is not clearly seen without a good light.

I’ve had something similar happen (not Naim) twice. For one occurrence (Perpetuum Ebner) the response was like yours. Very frustrating, it made me ditch the brand. With the other occurrence it was fixed without any question, this was Bowers & Wilkins.

1 Like

I do not think my dealer will resolve this, when I purchase an item, and I have purchased a lot in the last 5 years, all is easy welcome, but when a problem arises the sensation is always strange.

I received an Uniti atom he with a defective transformer, it was very noisy, and when I mention it the dealer almost told me it was impossible and never had such a comment from a client. After I lived my unit there to be evaluated, after 15 days received a call admitting that the Uniti atom he was realy defective and my unit will be exchanged.

On this issue already pulled off, and reverted the issue to Naim, and Naim also is running from the issue.

After spending more of 60 000 euros on gear on this dealer, sometimes feel strange when an issue arises, as the attitude goes from very welcome to a not very welcome situation.

Maybe is time to change the thinking on what brand to have in the recent future and assume a scratched box.

I thought Naim was special, but I now think they are like any other brand, only charge more per box and repair.

2 Likes

Time for a new dealer. :rage:

While I agree, his main issue isn’t with his dealer.

1 Like

It’s his dealers attitude he’s complaining about.
He takes his cash with a smile and hides in the bog when there’s a problem.
Nobody cares anymore it’s like it or lump it. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I have had an issue with an audioquest Diamond usb, and also two years ago my niagara 1000 simply burned literally and it was a defective resistor that burned and leaked a lot of smoke in the house.

Audioquest promptly exchanged the niagara 1000 for a 1200, and kindly exchanged the Diamond usb when it broke.

On the Niagara also gave me an offer as an apologize for the issue, after that I have purchased some tornados and hurricane power cables, and network cables like vodka and Diamond, at least I know if a problem arises the brand will be there.

Now Naim I could not say this ever, as in the first issue and after 4 months of waiting for a repair to be made, every one is running from the issue, and the client will have to go with the damage, so not only I, but some can take your own conclusions about this.

2 Likes

That really is piss poor service and if it were me I would be going to war with my dealer, as it was handed to him in perfect condition and received back damaged. Its then down to him to argue about who damaged it and therefore who will pay for the repair. Sounds like you need to find a new dealer from the way you say yours is treating you.

3 Likes

This isn’t a fault of the dealer, for me is a fault of Naim, I decided from now on to evaluate other brand.

First I have some things to go back to the dealer first, an hi-line, and just canceled my Naim orders to the dealer.

I will wait a few days if Naim says something more about this, then I think is better for me to forget it and forget the Naim route unfortunately. I do not have the health to had to deal with this kind of stress with anyone or a brand.

The gear is part of an experience, but the people behind the gear are the real experience, and I must assume they care less with a client and more with marketing and sales.

For me Naim has been a stressful ride unfortunately, I had the brand in high consideration, but this is an experience I want to forget in the years to come.

In more than 30 years of acquiring gear the biggest issue I have had, was with mark levinson that was 14 months waiting for a circuit board and now Naim.

Last year got a better service on a toaster repair, a toaster repair that was treated with distinction, it’s funny how a toaster brand treats is clients and how an high end brand treats theirs.

3 Likes

I think that voicing on here is of course interesting to share your experience, but suspect it be in one ear and out the other and disappear into the old thread history. I assume many similar cases do not do this. Like I said, things should have been insured and maybe that is the first port of call to try and claim for damage in transit. I find it difficult to believe that it was damaged at Naim

2 Likes

In the end I was an unfortunate event in the full process of a repair, as in the process no one cares about the client or user satisfaction, it’s simply a problem they have to deal with.

A repair is an unfortunate cost for dealers and brands, when things go the wrong way, really no one assumes the blame and make evasive claims and bad faces.

In the seventies, eighties and nighties when áudio stores were healthy, service and support was golden, the experience on a dealer was something that moved the business with very kind and professional teams, a satisfied client was an assurance of getting the client back, for an upgrade or whatever.

Now is pure business, support is bad, dealers and brands do not care about their customers, the only objective is sell, sell sell, then the marketing does the rest.

As a read too many times, is the world we are living, but we also make them grow this way, so is also our fault to accept this.

3 Likes

Why?

(I’m presuming here the packaging wasn’t damaged or it would have been stated).

.sjb

2 Likes

No the package appears to be ok.

I just sent my dealer an email asking for a quote to repair the scratched front panel.

I hope is not to expensive to replace all the front panel and later the top panel. All I can think off is that the ones who put the unit in the box have bad vision like me, or simply did not assume the damage.

I helped my friend send his Nova away for a warranty repair at the end of March. I’ll add that I advised him to buy a Nova, as Naim products are so reliable.

Long story short, it needed a new streaming board.

The board was sent from Naim to Australia and took months to arrive. When it arrived it wasn’t programmed by Naim as they are supposed to be apparently. So now the Nova is getting sent to busisoft, the distributer, to go back to Naim uk to be sorted.

What an absolute #%** around.

That’s 6 months without a hifi so far and I can’t imagine it getting back any time in the next few months!

I’ll never recommend a naim product to a friend again. That’s for sure.

6 Likes

Gee that’s not good, Novas aren’t cheap. I would have expected them to supply you with a replacement or at least a loner till it was sorted. I’m afraid I would be “in their faces” till it was resolved. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Things are just not in a good place for UK manufacturers I feel. Inflation and supply issues might be global but it is a matter of degrees. Products coming out of the UK are going up far more than elsewhere and the delays are far worse.

I was helping a friend buy a new system Stateside recently and I had to be honest. “Don’t buy British right now. The wheels are falling off the bus over there. The comparative cost performance is poor, delivery times are an open question. And who knows if in these challenging conditions, the company will be around in 12 months? Maybe for the next system when we see how the chips have fallen but for now, steer clear.

For the record, Naim wasn’t the UK brand they were considering. They went with something that might not be quite as good but is readily available, serviceable, and at a prices that was not too different from what it was pre-pandemic.

2 Likes

I hadn’t mentioned this issue on here yet. I gave adequate time for them to get it sorted but it’s just getting a bit silly.

The dealer no longer sells Naim and can’t do anything. The repair agent has had enough of the issue and couldn’t wait to get rid of the unit. Now busisoft presumably have the unit and haven’t contacted us yet and there doesn’t seem to be a phone number on the website. So as you can imagine we feel great about that. I doubt I’ll buy another Naim box as long as I’m in Australia.

6 months and counting for a simple repair.

3 Likes

Busisoft are on 03 9810 2900 if it helps. From their website “• Demonstrating a track record of unwavering commitment to customer service”. Good luck.

2 Likes

Many thanks. I see where it is now.

1 Like

FWIW, I’ve just been down to the factory and spent a good bit of time in the service department. They are busy as ever but I did note the lengths they go to in order to prevent any damage to fascias etc. The fascias are completely covered with a sort of soft bumper similar to the type used in production but with even the apertures covered over.

1 Like