Wayne Shorter RIP

Sadly another of music’s legends has passed. Think Weather Report, Joni Mitchel, Steely Dan. Brilliant!

7 Likes

Oh not another…….one of the great musicians, r.i.p
:pray:t3:

4 Likes

Very sad indeed. I love his so personal way of playing the sax. I have many of lps with him, be it Weather Report , Joni Mitchell or Herbie Hancock.
He is with Miles Davis the most influential player and composer in jazz history. A giant!

4 Likes

Oh no. I loved his work with Joni Mitchell.
Guess I’ll take a listen to ‘Burn’ by Norah Jones tonight featuring Wayne Shorter tonight.

Rip

2 Likes

One of the greatest.

3 Likes

One of the least good things of growing old is seeing these giants fall away.

There but for the grace of God, etc…

2 Likes

Legend.
RIP

3 Likes

RIP Mr. Shorter.

2 Likes

RIP, one of the greatest in jazz

2 Likes

So sad, speechless, but what a legacy.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that Wayne Shorter has just passed away - RIP.

3 Likes

Yeah, I just heard to, sad news

2 Likes

Very sad indeed that’s a great chunk of my music collection in memoriam.
Must be a great band up there now.
RIP Wayne.

5 Likes

Yes I just heard heartbreaking even though he had a fabulous innings

2 Likes

I wasn’t previously aware of it but apparently he had been unwell for some time. Last time I saw him must have been his last UK/Barbican appearance, back in 2015-ish I think.

1 Like

I’ve noticed an RIP thread started I wonder if Richard could perhaps move these posts from number 5999 onwards to that thread please.

1 Like

A unique voice in music. Thank you Wayne. RIP

2 Likes

R.I.P One of the music world’s true Innovators whose music will live as long as there are music lovers to hear it.

Though of course he is most famous as a leader for Blue Note and as a member of Miles’ group I particularly enjoy his playing together with Lee Morgan on those early Vee Jay recordings.

2 Likes

Night Dreamer will be played, (again), tonight. May he walk in peace.

2 Likes

Thank you @Richard.Dane for putting these tributes together in the appropriate place.

1 Like