Welcome New Listening Room, Welcome New System!

Of course, I agree that some rooms may also be problematic. For instance a 8 m2 room with 1,5 m height of ceiling :joy:.
No worth buying a great audio system in that case.

It finally got the Blues Nigel :partying_face: Best Peter

1 Like

I think it also limits what music one plays to albums that sound good. For me getting enjoyment from classical music has taken awhile, and I have many more albums to choose from now. Also the volume is now lower. I began to wonder whether it was my hearing or just poor recordings. The oddest thing is that I have done nothing other than a few power downs and mains plug out ins. Could it be that upgradeitis is the real wrecker of enjoyment because we don’t allow more than a short time for boxes etc to settle!?

Phil

1 Like

Agreed. I mentioned albums and tracks that before the move sounded average now sounding expansive, natural and involving. The small room didn’t handle complex music with a dense mix particularly well. I just thought the modest 250DR was getting out of its depth. It turns out the many reflexions in the little room caused such tracks to sound a little messy and compressed. In this larger room such complex, heavy tracks sound way clearer with greater separation and definition of the various instruments and vocals at play.

One other thing, every single sung word is now intelligible which adds so much to the meaning of many lyrics. The ‘ah that is what he/she is singing about, I get the full picture now’, kind of revelation.

Quite extraordinary.

I remember in the times of Ethernet cables and switches you mentioning compressed sound, but thought you had sorted that out. Really good news.

Enjoy Phil

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.