Went to my dealer to sell my Armageddon and ended up buying a NAC282 and Hicap DR

I’d go for a Superline/Hicap for your LP12 into the 282 instead of a Supercap for the 282. Much more bang for your buck. I was amazed at the improvement on vinyl when I did this. I have a LP12 Akurate.

Even with the superline powered off the 282? I know there is theory on rail qty utilized, but can’t you get a double bang for the dollar with the SC?

Scott

I never tried multiple devices on a PSU or even using the pre. I started with a Superline and Hicap and now have a Supercap 2 powering it. The rest is 252/Supercap DR, 300, ND555. Vinyl still sounds best!

I believe you would use a snaic directly into the 282 aux2 for power/signal thus benefitting both the 282 and the superline. I run my prefix through my 282 in the same fashion. Supercap only powers one component.

Scott

Yes, you would power the NAC282 from the Supercap and then the Superline from the 282’s powered AUX2 socket. Note though that the AUX2 here does not use dedicated windings and rails from the Supercap (as per NAC52 and NAC252).

Hi Richard,
Where does the aux 2 get the power from to support the prefix/superline power on the 282?

Scott

Can we wait until the HicaoDR breaks-in to talk about the Supercap? :joy:

It’s the plan for next year anyways.

No plans for Superline at the moment. Too many boxes. May try one if I eventually get a 252/552

AFAIK, when a Supercap powers a 282 - or an 82 - its just mimicking the power feeds from 2 HiCaps, only better.
The only connections are 2 SNAIC-5’s, I believe…
The NAPSC is still needed.

Probably best for someone more technical like @NeilS to answer that question.

Sorry nic, took over you thread on technical question……

We will now return to your regularly schedule program.

Scott

Hi 334578,

One rail is supplied from the Upgrade 1 socket & one from the Upgrade 2 socket. So in a dual Hicap configuration from one of the regulators in each Hicap.

Regards
Neil.

1 Like

How is the NAC 282 settling in with your 250 DR? …and how are the ATC SMC 11’s sounding with the new preamp compared to the preamp in the 272?

BTW… the 272 is still listed in your profile.

it’s good to see there’s still someone into Classic Series, once the core business for Naim, since today pretty much everyone seems talking only about all in one and streamers. Or, on the other hand 500, Statement and super exotic systems

Cheers. I love my setup and I know I shouldn’t say never but I’m 100% happy and aren’t contemplating any move soon.

1 Like

Picking it up on Sunday. Had to wait until the deck was upgraded before trading in the Armageddon.

4 Likes

Flutes… :heart_eyes:

So, 'Geddon gone - and replaced with a Linn Lingo of some sort…?

Klimax Radikal

It that what Linn list as - Radical (machined) - ???

“plus a nice discount on a factory refurbished 282 and HicapDr”

What does Naim do to refurbish a 282? I’ve read threads it should be serviced after adozen years or so, but didn’t see what they actually do. Mine is from 2015. Also, what does Naim charge in the UK?