Wharfedale finally cracked it!

£5500 for the Dovedales. Wow, I hope they are both stocked with some nice bottles of whisky.
I thought the new Lintons were Ok. Ducks for cover…. Anyone else think the same. I seem to remember a picture of wharfedale lintons in Seattle but could be wrong…… Sleepless in Seattle :rofl:

1 Like

Those are crossovers alright.
Once I drank too much of them and crossed over to another world, only to come back to my world in the morning late for work :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Chinese cardboard and scrap made brand

Now designed AND made in UK !!!

3 Likes

O no! The quality must have gone down then.

1 Like

Thats funny… :slight_smile:
Dont worry they are still made in China … part of the IAG group

Some of the new ‘‘made in UK’’ speakers look very good

They are NOT still made in China.
Production is moving back to UK
Still owned by IAG though

1 Like

Good to hear

I checked on the company website and Wikipedia and no mention of any return to U.K. manufacture. Can you share your source ?

2 Likes

If they were Made in UK, be sure that would be written with LARGE letters.
I hope they no longer sound muffled as most of the Chinese made Wharfdales does IME.

I believe Mission new model 770 and some Fyne flagship edition have moved manufacture/build back to UK, amo

“Manufactured by highly trained. Vastly experienced Loudspeaker experts at the headquarters of Wharfedale, in Huntingdon. Cambridgeshire – Dovedale is built in the home of British Hi-Fi.”

Reminds of me of returning from holiday many years ago. My daughter and her pals had taken a free hand with anything alcoholic they could find, cranked up the music and had a fine time. Later whilst they were crashed out one of our cats caught a rat and carried into the living room. I am told there was a lot of screaming and the rat escaped and jumped through the front port of my Kef 103/4 speakers (the grills were off). We returned from Devon in mid afternoon to find the speakers standing in the garden on the front lawn, as that was the only way they could think of to free the rat! All the excuse I needed to trade up to SBL’s! My daughter has just bought a flat in Edinburgh and I am giung to give here a small sound system, a surplus Unitiqte and a pair of identical 103/4’s I have found on that horrid auction site!

6 Likes

Excellent - may I suggest you give them to her with the grilles on, but with a rat (your choice of whether to go for the real thing or a stuffed furry toy version) wedged into the front port of each speaker?

Mark

3 Likes

I think a pair of furry toy rats would be ideal port bungs here!

IIRC Ikea used to sell stuffed toy rats and on one of the few occasions I dared venture there I bought one for my Bull Terrier, Rommel. Needless to say he was delighted and showed his appreciation by destroying it in less than a minute of receiving it.

4 Likes

On the rear panel of the new Dovedale speaker there is a very large "Made In UK " with a UK flag badge.

1 Like

Warfedales own website
I was after information on their new Dovedale speaker and it makes a point of saying they are now building speakers in the UK

Made In The UK
Dovedale signifies the reintroduction of the class and quality of British manufacturing to the Wharfedale brand portfolio.
Dovedale is built in the home of British Hi-Fi at Wharfedale’s UK headquarters in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. Incorporating key manufacturing, assembly and finishing processes for specially selected products in addition to the R&D function already located there. A 9,000ft2 production facility has been added to the existing building, including a new anechoic chamber, making a total of 25,000ft2 of office, lab and manufacturing space. It is here that Dovedale is manufactured by highly trained, vastly experienced loudspeaker experts.

I wonder where they managed to find those people?… China perhaps? :grinning:

1 Like

I could not possibly comment on where they are from, but if they are “vastly experienced” then they are probably old - or should I say vintage !!!

Good shout!

It makes more sense than the Macintosh empty box!!

1 Like