What a great Forum this is

Just wanted to say this forum has been a great source of information for me over the past weeks and thanks to all for sharing their knowledge and thoughts.
Its helped me significantly to focus in on a preferred option to upgrade my 1990 Denon/Kef system and I am nearly there.
Having started with a desire for the Nova have now selected SN3/NDX2, just the floor standers to go and whilst I’ve heard the above with Sonus Sonetto V, now trying to find time to listen with Spendor A7 and D7.2 - will then make a final decision.
Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts through this forum.

13 Likes

Thankyou for your feedback…its important that real listener experience is fed back to guide others, no substitute for your own ears though.

1 Like

Let is know how you find the Spendors. I shall be looking soon.

1 Like

If you do go with the Spendor A7’s (or other speakers), and when you are up to it, may I suggest your first tweak for them? Trial some Isoacoustics Gaia III feet on them. Remove the supplied spikes and try those. It made a definite improvement for me in my room. More spaciousness and separation as well as tightening up the low end. Your milage may vary, so see if you can trial them.

1 Like

thanks

Great story and update and a solid choice of system you’ve got yourself there. I’d also add I also put IsoAcoustics Gaia feet on my PMC floor standers and have been happy with what they bring to the equation.
I can’t comment personally on the Spendor options you mention but expect there are others that can comment appropriately, I’m sure what ever you settle on you’ll be very happy with what you find anyway.
Do come back with some feedback on how you find in once it’s all settled in and you’ve had a chance to live with it for a while, always of interest to hear what others find with similar setups.

I will certainly provide feedback once its all settled in, house is being refurbished at present so will be November time before the new system is set up

I sympathise fully, I went through similar cycles myself but rest assured the wait is worth it and you’ll appreciate your choice over and over.

A lot is likely to depend on depend on the floor (surface and construction)

Yes, they by default are to use on solid floors. If carpeted like mine, they sell spikes to go under the gaia feet which take the carpet out of the equation and to give you the isolating effects of the gaias.

I’m running a SN3 & NDX2 with A7’s and its a great combo once fully run in, really excellent for Jazz, electronic and female vocal. I suspect the A7’s might be a better match/synergy with a SN3 over the D7.2 but have a listen for yourself. I did make some homemade isolators with large tap washers and 50c coins and they work well on a timber joist floor!

3 Likes

I too run a NDX 2 with SN3. It’s a an awesome combo. John Lee Hooker is right here man! Enjoy! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

My advice to you is to wait until you can set the system up in your room before deciding on speakers. While it’s relatively easy to decide between electronics at your dealer’s, you really must try the speakers at home.

I’d also be wary of getting into ‘tweaks’ like fancy feet or fancy wires at this stage. All you need is decent speaker cables and something decent to support the black boxes. Dedicated mains should, in my experience, come before tweaks.

2 Likes

Just be thankful no one’s chipped in yet telling him he’s mad for not getting a 282/250…

2 Likes

I’m sure that will come. Give it time.

4 Likes

In response to the title, “It has its moments” (“,) In between the squabbles.

1 Like

Me too. The wealth of knowledge on the forum is unbelievable, and the actual frequent involvement of Richard, Neil, and other Naim staff is totally amazing. I have been a Naim fan from the sidelines forever, but now that I decided to get serious about it it has been fantastic to type any topic into the search box and find literally everything covered from a high-level view down to the minutiae. I don’t think I ever learned so much before in such a short time, a month since the 300 arrived. Thanks so much everyone, those who chipped in on my questions and those who had already answered them long ago.

And **** me, I thought some guys were spinning yarn when they wrote that turning off the amp for bit occasionally might improve SQ afterwards, but you may have been right. :thinking:

2 Likes

There is no better place than here, if your wallet is about to burst! :crazy_face: ATB Peter

2 Likes

Where despite best efforts cables touch, i use a large bubble wrap bag ( full of air) as used by the likes of amazon etc to keep them apart. The weight of the cables keeps it in place.

3 Likes

I spent over a year reading the posts on this forum whilst trying to decide on my first Naim system. Getting your head around all the different boxes and really understanding what goes with what, so you end up with a great sounding and balanced system, can take a bit of time.
Its definitely something you shouldn’t rush into.
I changed my mind numerous times over the course of the year before I settled on the 272, XPS, 300.
Its especially invaluable as the Naim website is a bit shonky.

1 Like