What a great Forum this is

Good looking system- im determined to do my research as well

Now that is sage advice.

1 Like

It is a very friendly place , I think you will be very happy with what you have bought.

The speakers also look to be a happy fit.

System synergy is often overlooked but I think you will have a happy combo

1 Like

Really, I would never have guessed :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Having said that many audio manufacturers could do with ā€œpolishingā€ their web pages

Iā€™ve also paired the SN3 with A7s after demoing 8 different speakers at home. Itā€™s a fantastic combination and miles better than the D7.2s which were too bright. Main source is an LP12 and Iā€™m using Linn speaker cable.

Of course everyoneā€™s rooms are different so do home demo if you can. No fancy isolation feet for me! I do have carpet on top of a solid concrete floor so donā€™t suffer too much in that regard.

Already considering adding an NDXā€¦ and perhaps a pre-amp in the distant future but for now Iā€™m very happy with this combination.

WG

2 Likes

Good to know thanks- interesting to hear that difference in the two Spendor models
I will have hardwood flooring and yes will undertake a home demo in November
Was thinking hard about the Sonos Sonetto as they have 25% off across Australia until September - but think now I should wait to test at home

Speakers are ultimately best home demoed as their interaction with the room and cabling makes a world of difference to your level of enjoyment from them. I heard some speakers at my Naim dealer and loaned them to try at home and they sounded lovely in their tuned demo room but overwhelmed my listening room as one example.
You can start with speakers that others have tried and got on well with against a specific amp and cabling setup and work from there to narrow it down a bit.
Look forward to hearing how you get on with your evaluation anyway.

1 Like

yes, big shout for the A7s. Spendor quality in every way.

1 Like

Interesting, with my Spendors on spikes on a carpeted floor over concrete I noticed a nice upgrade to the sound of the already great A7ā€™s with the Isoacoustic Gaia IIIā€™s. It appears to me by your statement you must have trialed them. What was it that you did not like about them when you gave them go?

Polishing of web pages is a common route to a poor website, all glitzy show and little content, tge wide use of ā€˜flashā€™ particularly annoying, wasting the punterā€™s time - and some may move on and not bother as a consequence. Naimā€™s website isnā€™t the best, but it is far from being the worst because at least it has content if you look for it, though indeed could be better.

I was looking at a small but well respected firmā€™s site a few months ago.

It hadnā€™t been updated for some time . When I say polishing I mean polishing up as in bringing up to date

Itā€™ll be a personal conclusion with the Gaia feet, by no means a universal panacea with trimming a speaker in a specific setting but I bought a set on a whim as my floor standing PMCā€™s had a tendency to be a little boomy on my wood parquet suspended floor, which whilst itā€™s a solid floor has a spring to it and a room below.
I found it calmed the bottom end and removed the bloom as well as adding a layer of dimensioning to the sound stage, Iā€™ve not taken them off anyway and carry on enjoying what they bring.
Iā€™ve also read good things about the Townshend platforms for comparison sake although they come at a cost to be fair. I replace a set of standard spikes sitting on Linn Skeets in my case.
Iā€™d agree that running in a dedicated mains radial circuit to the equipment first as well as tinkering with the cabling makes sense before getting in to trimming the speakers but Iā€™ve done all that stuff already anyway in my case, also worth doing and taking the time to get it right and working with a flexible electrician.

Dedicated mains from?
Some advice here would be appreciated.
Have the GaiašŸ‘šŸ»

1 Like

Try the forum search. There are dozens of threads about it. Basically separate consumer unit and wiring for the stereo.

Thnxā€¦ will do some extensive searching

The one thing is that there are many confusing outdated links TBH. Like linking from the 555PS to a bunch of discontinued devices but not current ones. Can be quite confusing, and most people reading the product pages are probably not total experts I guess. And some stuff is missing, like the CDS3 page :slight_smile: The content on the service pages like serials etc. is great

Good luck, not to do yourself :laughing:

1 Like

One thing I would suggest changing in the above is to have all the Naim units in the system on the same radial spur.

Does that imply a ring for the three double sockets?

No ring, just a radial spur.

1 Like