What are we called?

Your suggestion (amongst others) proves there are so many appropriate possibilities!

1 Like

Nomenclature.

Naimenclature.

1 Like

Haha! Who could have thought so many brilliant suggestions could have arisen from such a simple question

Naimonites. Old fossils.

1 Like

The never satisfied.

1 Like

Even more examples of how inventive us Naimian’s can be. Perhaps we need someone of authority to decide which (if any) should be the official title, or is it better left simply ‘open’ I wonder?

Why on earth would we want anyone to give us a name, particularly someone ‘of authority’? I think of myself as a music lover, not a Naim anything, and I’m sure that’s what Naim would prefer, should they express a preference, which they won’t.

2 Likes

Agreed, it is not like it is human nature to name things…

You just Halibutted another thread.

4 Likes

As a general term I often refer to you all here as either a member or members.

5 Likes

We’ll reduce the Gunners & Mancunians to just Footbal Admirers.

1 Like

I have diabetes and some have said ‘you diabetics…’

I say, I am Paul and I have diabetes, I am not definded by that condition, I also have a sleep disorder!

In terms of this topic I am someone who likes music and at this time I listen on some Naim equipment, two years ago I had Linn equipment…oh! in fact I still have some.

Personally never liked being called a motorist, biker, cyclist, pedestrian etc.

1 Like

So long as you don’t call us male members, all will be well.

3 Likes

Yes young man I actually agree with you, thread started out of curiosity, excellent responses so far.

Until we agree on a name, we are Naimless.

4 Likes

Very good, just made my night lol.

1 Like

For people outside the hobby, we are just Freaks or Nerds…

1 Like

From some of the stuff I’ve read on other forums, we are the same for some people inside the hobby too. What fun!

1 Like

Naimphomaniacs

2 Likes

Excellent use of the English language!

Sent my wife into all of a quiver!!

1 Like

It has to be posted for completeness

6 Likes