What are you driving and why would we be interested?

Mercedes/BMW/Audi etc main dealers can charge £200 just to plug it in and diagnose the fault…:man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Outrageous. Where I’m out of warranty I’ve avoided main dealers for 10 years and used independents.

Oh very well -

29 Likes

A neighbour has one in white (I prefer your red), they are a stunning looking automobile!

2 Likes

Yup.

One of my favourite designs out there right now.

Bruce

2 Likes

Wow - that’s a lovely looking machine Tony :sunglasses:

1 Like

what is this?

Tony has a Lexus 500

2 Likes

The last red rose of the season sets it off just nicely👍

1 Like

That’s a beauty Tony.

2 Likes

That looks sexy as Tony :hugs: Enjoy Peter

3 Likes

Thanks all…yes, I’ve been bitten with BMW diagnosis fee requests before, but fortunately I followed sjw’s suggestion and it seems to have worked, now receiving all the stations I had saved previously. Thanks for the tip - saves a load of hassle.

Beautiful car Tony! From now on, Autoglym and elbow grease… :wink:

2 Likes

Brilliant! so glad it worked. I’m truly sick of the way garages charge for the use of a laptop to diagnose faults.I’m sure the software is dear but multiple x £90 per day must make it very profitable!

If 10 customers a day get charged for the diagnostics thats £900 per day =£4500 per week £234,000 per year before Labour cost of actually doing the work!

3 Likes

What my neighbour is driving…

steve

10 Likes

Way back on this thread (post 1192 / Oct 2020) I uploaded a picture of my first Porsche, a one year old Cayman 718S. Last month though I had a severe attack of “upgradeitus” and lashed out on a new Porsche Cayman 718GTS 4.0. My first Porsche was brilliant to say the least, but this is something else again. That flat 6 boxster engine has a soundtrack like nothing else (excepting perhaps some top notch Naim kit of course!). Cant wait for the better weather next spring :grinning:

28 Likes

Beautiful car and colour! What’s the current waiting time for delivery of a new Porsche?

1 Like

Waiting times for Porsches vary by model - a Cayman 718GTS 4.0 is around 6 months. I understand waiting list are getting shorter as demand in China has fallen due to continuing Covid lock downs - good news possibly for European and USA buyers.

Lovely!

1 Like

Beautiful, congratulations! My word, how far they’ve come since my 2006 Cayman S…

1 Like