Cheeky…
I’m only 68.

1 Like

Hope he meant 19-80s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

19’s my mental age, so…maybe :wink:

1 Like

Killing Joke

1 Like

Easy mistake to make with a brief glance at the image!

Oh come on, you have some stout hidden in there! :smiley:

1 Like

Too much information Mr Dane! :wink:

Very nice.

I’m not a ‘morning’ person and rarely partake of breakfast though a few mugs of tea go down well.

This really goes against the grain, but…

An impulse buy of an ‘air fryer’ last week has had me experimenting with bacon/sausages/hash browns for the kids - my daughter used to love pastries such as ‘pain au chocolat’ in the oven but she really crashes a few hours after a high carb meal/snack, so healthy or not a breakfast with a more fatty/protein/carb balance really seems to help. Low sugar beans are microwaved or warmed in a pan. Whole/halved tomatoes work well when cooked in the air fryer.

Struggling a little with eggs, but I managed some excellent ‘air fried’ boiled eggs earlier in about 7 minutes at 120 C - need to refine time up or down for softer/firmer yolks but it’s so simple it might even persuade me to ‘go to work on an egg’.

2 Likes

@anon4489532

Tea!

I think in a tea thread a couple of years ago you recommended Clipper organic tea which I’ve greatly enjoyed, many thanks.

Clipper seem to have dispensed with the foil packaging inside the cardboard boxes in recent months.

Is it me or is the taste affected by this?
Could be different batches/production times I suppose.

Breakfast is usually black coffee and fruit but I will have a sheep or goat yoghurt from the local market once in a while .
We have figs in abundance from an enormous and very productive tree ! and a lovely neighbour currently provides quantities of kumquats and pomegranates .

2 Likes

Figs do surprisingly well in Britain. Obviously not as well as in Mediterranean countries, though with global warming I suspect that in the South East of England they probably do. Even in the cool maritime island clime where I am some 50 miles more northerly than any part of Wales, we get a nice though modest crop of figs every year from our small tree. I actually had a couple with my breakfast this morning - not black like those in Swinnerton’s photo, rather being green going-on black, but ripe, very sweet and delicious! (And Richard’s observation about the effects is quite inaccurate - fig season has no different effect from any other!)

1 Like

Maybe @swinnerton can send you over a few figs?

3 Likes

IB, tell that to a friend who decided to eat some of her bumper fig crop last friday and almost had to cancel her garden opening on Saturday and Sunday thanks to the after-effects.

Anybody remember Syrup Of Figs? My Mum used to administer it from time to time when we were kids, certainly did the trick!

2 Likes

Here’s a picture of a syrup :rofl:

6 Likes

You learn something new every day! I had to look it up but now understand.

1 Like

Surprisingly, one of the concentrations of fig trees in the UK is along the River Don in Sheffield, starting next to Meadowhell. Something to do with the warm water when the steel industry was a major player along the banks.

A bowl of Quaker Jumbo Rolled Oats made with skimmed milk and a very light dusting of sugar.

I wonder how they managed to teach the skill to the elephants needed for the production process?

4 Likes

Weetabix with hot milk.

1 Like

Crikey @TOBYJUG , that is not an appetising photo!

1 Like