What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Neil Diamond

Melody Road - CD Rip

Bought for 25p from the local library, so far very good.

Edward

5 Likes

Dr John, the Night Tripper - Gris Gris - 180gm 2013 vinyl
RIP Doc, this is one hell of a debut album. Swamp-R&B with psychedelia, sung/intoned by Dr John with amazing backing vocals and spooky arrangements, it’s a great trip, voodoo rock doesn’t get any better. Walk on Gilded Splinters is a wonder track.

14 Likes

Let’s do the American Hustle.

16 Likes

Dr John plays Mac Rebennack - early ‘80s UK vinyl
The doctor going back to his roots, a solo piano album of New Orleans piano, laidback and funky, he’s a seriously fine ivory player, total contrast to Gris-Gris, but so enjoyable.

10 Likes

LP - Rhino 2016

Prince was born on this day in 1958 [d.2016]

12 Likes

Kenny Drew & Niels-Henning Orsted Pedersen

Nice duo jazz. Recorded in 1974 in the Netherlands.

Kenny Drew - Piano
NHOP - Bass

5 Likes
4 Likes

I didn’t know that, but it doesn’t surprise me, the Professor Longhair and Dr John influence on his playing is pretty clear.

4 Likes

Lewis Capaldi - Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent

A recommendation from my Son.

A promising talent.

2 Likes

The Band - The Last Waltz disc 1 - early ‘80’s vinyl
The triple vinyl album of the Band’s farewell concert, the creators and masters of Americana with their great friends and contemporaries, this disc alone has Ronnie Hawkins, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Neil Diamond and Dr John. This album introduced me to the Dr, it’s also one of the finest live albums ever put to vinyl.

10 Likes

Soft Cell - Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret. A little personal reminder of what a fine album this was in its day, and of those flatmate days.

9 Likes

John Lee Hooker - Mr Lucky on an early pressing. This album sounds superb on vinyl and is well worth adding a used copy to your collection if you can find a minty version.

17 Likes

Dr John - Duke Elegant, the good Dr. putting his New Orleans stamp on the Duke .

9 Likes

Pink Floyd - The Final Cut - Original U.K. vinyl
A very Waters Floyd album, Cold War angst and 2nd World War memories dominate, it’s one of my favourite PF records, some lovely playing, fine sound effects, and impassioned songs. Don’t expect many laughs.
It had a lot of playing on my Trio KD1033B when I was a student, and the same piece of black plastic has spun on two Roksan decks since.

15 Likes

Some cool Italo disco/electronica!

1 Like

Much derided, not least by Mr G: “stuff we rejected from The Wall”… but my favourite Floyd album too… love the lyrics, poetry really; Waters solo album in many ways. Brilliant.

…my vinyl copy well worn by my Rega 3 many moons ago…

3 Likes

Royal Scam

Just in and can’t help but notice all the 'Dan getting played, joining in with this one.

14 Likes

Homage and RIP old friend

13 Likes

Love this one

8 Likes