What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

I’ve wanted this six disc set for a while but the price had put me off. But when Qobuz reduced it to £20.99 I couldn’t say no. Wonderful stuff.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Adele 25, something a little easy to start a Thursday.

6 Likes

The London Howlin’ Wolf Sessions.

10 Likes

Today’s arrival:

Today’s arrival from Japan. I rather pay a little more for the original Venus Jazz label with its dynamic and warm sound than the Amazon’s DVD. Delicious straightforward playing.

3 Likes

much played here…

1 Like

Bill Callahan Dream River, his 2016 Mojo album of year.

5 Likes

Nice set of tunes I own all of those LP’s except St Vincent. Good Luck with the search.

1 Like

Dedicated to Mum’s best friend and another surrogate Aunt, Carol who passed away this morning aged 70. She was a big Rod fan and I remember her full of life singing this. RIP X

10 Likes

Night Tracks on R3. Gorgeous with a glass of cold, dry white after work. And my football team has won this evening.

Sorry, did you want to know about the music!

1 Like

Finally got this in the post a couple of days back and again a beautifully packaged and pressed reissue by Tone Poet.
Though I’ve not taken to it instantly there are some very interesting reworks of some classic tracks and Cassandra’s vocal styles are quite different in parts but good to see a female artist trying to push her herself a bit.

5 Likes

Continuing with Bill Callahan’s early work, Woke on a Whaleheart

3 Likes

…Nigel, I’m sorry to hear you are in between jobs, I have been there at least four times over my 40+ years in the work force. My experience early on taught me not to waste the time-off when available. So each morning I would wake up and send out three resumes with cover letters. The most important thing was to be active in the search and after that was accomplished then take off for the day and have some fun. I did this since I knew as soon as I started with a new company it would usually be full throttle for awhile and down time might not be available. Tough to do but try and take advantage of your free time now while you have it… Best of luck with finding something new.

11 Likes

Now playing…

Jon Balke - Book of Velocities

Jon Balke (Piano).

Streaming on TIDAL… in the mood for something relaxing and a solo piano seemed to fit the bill. Jon is sounding mighty fine!

3 Likes

:balloon::balloon: Happy [belated] Birthday Cassandra! :balloon::birthday:

Been such a busy day i got behind with the felicitations! :upside_down_face:

Cassandra is 64 years young! (…as of yesterday!) :grinning:

9 Likes

Finn Brothers

5 Likes

Now playing…

Amos Lee - Mission Bell

Streaming on NAS… moving on with Amos and the fabulous ‘Mission Bell’ album, he is sounding sublime and this is one sweet album! …if you don’t believe me, just ask @NigelB :wink:

10 Likes

Never heard of him :rofl:

3 Likes

Someone who was taken way too early, Introducing Harry Chapin

4 Likes

Peter Gabriel So

18 Likes