What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Bob Marley and the Wailers - Natural Mystic.

Oi! Where’s the sun gone … trying to tempt it back out again with some sunshiny choons.

A selection of album tracks from His Bobness.

13 Likes

Seattle, May 2000

3 Likes

Saturday afternoon listening to some new cables, a bit of Bill and his rhythms kings

3 Likes

May have seen this mentioned here recently, anyway came across my LP version, should have played this more often - lovely !!!

4 Likes

New York Standards Quartet - Sleight of hand

Personnel: Tim Armacost: tenor saxophone, soprano saxophone; David Berkman: piano; Daiki Yasukagawa: double bass; Gene Jackson: drums.

2 Likes

Now playing…

John Hiatt - Bring The Family

Streaming on TIDAL… kicking off Saturday morning with John Hiatt with Bring The Family. In the What’s your top reference track - & Why? thread one of the songs mentioned is ‘Tip Of My Tongue.’ So I thought I would work my way through the list of songs in the thread and in some cases play the whole album. I do enjoy John’s music quite a bit!

6 Likes

Buddy Guy - Blues Singer.

Buddy takes an acoustic stroll through some well worn blues classics, and a lovely, laid back, world weary trip it is, too.

It’s on Tidal, and is a most relaxing Saturday afternoon listen.

10 Likes

Thanks Ewemon, I will.

On CD:-

Patty Griffin - Servant of Love

5 Likes

There are a few songs on this excellent album that you could use as reference tracks.

1 Like

PJ Harvey Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea

10 Likes

Now Playing…

Dire Straits - Love Over Gold

Streaming on TIDAL… continuing on with another album from the ‘What’s your top reference track - & Why?’ thread and one of the songs mentioned is ‘Telegraph Road.’ So I am giving it a spin along with the whole album. A lot of very good music in my future, I believe I identified about 40 songs that I found in TIDAL to give a listen and there is no time like the present to get started… Telegraph Road is sounding mighty sweet!

21 Likes

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories.

Time to liven up a bit, following Buddy Guy’s soporific meander through the blues. ^^^

Still think this is one of the finest recordings of recent(ish) years … certainly sounding epic at the mo’, Chez Dave. :+1::+1:

7 Likes

Alison Krauss & Union Station - Paper Airplane

Shawn Colvin - Cover Girl

Relaxing on dull Saturday afternoon.

10 Likes

Drifter - Flow

Very good modern jazz.

Personnel: Alexi Tuomarila: piano; Nicolas Kummert: saxophone, vocals; Axel Gilain: double bass, vocals; Teun Verbruggen: drums.

4 Likes

Ssssh

Some Ten Years after to kick off an evening in 1969 again.

10 Likes

Now Playing…

Talk Talk - The Colour Of Spring

Streaming on TIDAL… continuing on with another album from the ‘What’s your top reference track - and Why?’ thread and one of the songs mentioned is ‘Happiness is Easy.’ So I am giving it a spin along with the whole album. The journey continues and a nice way to cover a lot of music that is recommend by other forum members.

13 Likes

Your welcome. Laffin.

I played the wall the other night and I agree with everything here - it does sound very good - big, detailed and as you say dynamic through the special 40s. I think the S40s help place the special effects into a nice wide soundstage. I definitely agree that the wall is nothing like their best - I think that’s when PF started getting depressing.

BTW I played the 2011 remaster (CD rip) of wish you were here the other day through the s40s. It sounded top drawer and as a result I have the immersion box set on order!

1 Like

Hot Rats

I never need a reason to play some Zappa so this one is a no brainer tonight being yet another fine album from 1969.

10 Likes