What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

9 Likes

Not sure why but out of all the Beatles, its George or sometimes for fun Ringo and his Allstar band.

6 Likes

It was good to catch up, and it was fun listening to new music, which I will follow up on. Really interesting hearing your system, which was sounding beautifully detailed and at the same time different from mine.

Thanks again

Phil

1 Like

Eurythmics - We Too Are One.

6 Likes

So Phil, how did Cara Dillon Sweet Liberty sound on Clive’s system compared to yours? I gave this a listen too this evening as you prompted.

Clive, perhaps you or @Flipe could pull the song list together and post it on the What’s your top reference track - & Why? thread. It would be nice to have another playlist pulled together for listening or future testing!

Just a thought if one of you have a spare moment…

Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

2 Likes

Now Playing…

Over the Rhine - The Long Surrender

Streaming on TIDAL… another wonderful album from Linford Detweiler and Karin Bergquist. Karin vocals are fantastic, and love the lyrics and music on this album! … one sweet album…

2 Likes

Interesting question. I think we both noticed more of a Celtic atmospheric aura. I didn’t detect the youthful purity I had with the demo 552. I think I also played Wanderer, a much later album with a more mature voice recorded at a sophisticated studio whereas Sweet Liberty was done ‘at home’.

I think SL makes quite a difference.

I’d be interested in your impressions on the albums.

Phil

2 Likes

bread jpeg fgt
3 for late night listening.

4 Likes

I agree that Cara’s voice sounds more youthful on Sweet Liberty (compared to Wanderer) and I would echo the Celtic vibe coming through more with the 552.

There seemed more depth and layers to the instrumental arrangement on Sweet Liberty than I recall with the 252. It is also my impression that the 552 gives a ‘warts ‘n’ all’ presentation, possibly showing up one or two shortcoming on the recording of Sweet Liberty, which appeared a little more compressed than I recall on the 252, although it has been a while since I had the 252 and the memory fades. Still more enjoyable on the 552 than I remember with the 252.

I will give Wanderer a listen tomorrow and see if I can recall a comparison to the 252.

Art Pepper - meets The Rhythm Section.

12 Likes

On Vinyl, Mark and Chet

The Musical equivalent of a warm bath. This album always makes me smile and is just delicious. Great HiFi too…

11 Likes

Now playing…

Willie Dixon - I am the Blues

Streaming on NAS… I have not taken Willie out for awhile, and this is one classic blues album. Willie considered the father of modern Chicago Blues and has written over 500 songs. If you haven’t given this album a listen then place it in your queue. This is one sweet album!

4 Likes

During my workout, initially nice, but with longer listening to less variation

1 Like

Great music for breakfast

4 Likes

Billie Hoilday- Lady in Satin

Sade- Diamond Life

16 Likes

Gilles Peterson & Patrick Forge Present Sunday Afternoon at Dingwalls.

Jazz dance compilation.

2 Likes

Downloaded these yesterday - a mellow start to the day

3 Likes

Who likes Tord Gustavsen and silent ECM music in general, will most probably like this. It’s coming from bandcamp…

3 Likes

Continued with the same trio also quite enjoyable…

3 Likes