What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Thanks for the heads-up, the new release scheduled for March 15th has been pre-ordered!

His version of “Downtown Train” is one of my favourite Rod Stewart tracks.The production by Trevor Horn gives it a unique sound to my ears

1 Like

Just going to sneak one in before the football highlights

Quincy Jones - Birth of a Band

Agreed. Can’t believe how much more I am hearing with the new phono stage. Never really appreciated the bass on the first cuts the deepest, but sounds like a different track!

9 Likes

A great album when in the mood for it plus fond memories of travelling on the train from Cuzco to Machu Pichu with the traditional El Condor Pasa being played by a local band.

15 Likes

Now playing…

Shelby Lynne - Just A Little Lovin – Inspired by Dusty Springfield

Streaming on NAS… sit back, close your eyes, enjoy… sweet, simply sweet!

14 Likes

Jeff ,I think I will be playing this album tomorrow :grinning:

1 Like

TD2-300x300

on 45rpm vinyl…awesome :sunglasses::grinning:

8 Likes

16 Likes

Excellent – many thanks for the recommendation. I’ll look that up on Tidal later tonight!

Rodrigo Y Gabriela

Mexican acoustic rock guitar duo

4 Likes

some nice blues piano to end the weekend… busy week ahead.

.sjb

4 Likes

An excellentchoiceKev :blush:

1 Like

Worth’s play just for Andrew Strongs vocal. Think he was only 16 at the time.

6 Likes

Great record. When it was released I used to listen to a rock show on Capital Radio hosted by Nicky Horne - Your Mother Wouldn’t Like It - Nicky championed the record.

3 Likes

SS500

On vinyl…:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Jennifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat - Original U.K. vinyl

Another album that could easily be in my favourite 20, wonderfully arranged covers of Leonard Cohen songs, superbly played by a band of crack session players, sung superbly with real feeling and understanding of the songs by a singer who’d sung with Cohen, fantastic.

13 Likes

Some great stuff on this album. Original vinyl

10 Likes

Brian Wilson - Lucky Old Sun - Original U.K. vinyl

2008 album from the master songwriter of the Beach Boys, and a return to his glory days. The spoken interludes are OK, but the choral sounds, the hymn like solo vocals and the harmonies plus the tunes are as good as all but his greatest Beach Boys numbers, really stunning pop music. He debuted this album in a week at the RFH in London, I was at day 2, a real privilege to see a genius at a late flowering.

2 Likes