What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Thanks for the heads-up, the new release scheduled for March 15th has been pre-ordered!

His version of “Downtown Train” is one of my favourite Rod Stewart tracks.The production by Trevor Horn gives it a unique sound to my ears

Just going to sneak one in before the football highlights

Quincy Jones - Birth of a Band

Agreed. Can’t believe how much more I am hearing with the new phono stage. Never really appreciated the bass on the first cuts the deepest, but sounds like a different track!

A great album when in the mood for it plus fond memories of travelling on the train from Cuzco to Machu Pichu with the traditional El Condor Pasa being played by a local band.

Now playing…

Shelby Lynne - Just A Little Lovin – Inspired by Dusty Springfield

Streaming on NAS… sit back, close your eyes, enjoy… sweet, simply sweet!

I only know the Caetano Veloso and the Johnny Griffin - excellent work on those new MM Blue Notes - but I should maybe check out your others as well.

On here, from shortly before the Tropicalia movement kicked in, Gal Costa and Caetano Veloso’s very mellow bossa debut, (I guess) in the João Gilberto style:

MI0003933750

Quiet tunes, great songs, effortless vocals.

Jeff ,I think I will be playing this album tomorrow :grinning:

TD2-300x300

on 45rpm vinyl…awesome :sunglasses::grinning:

Excellent – many thanks for the recommendation. I’ll look that up on Tidal later tonight!

Rodrigo Y Gabriela

Mexican acoustic rock guitar duo

some nice blues piano to end the weekend… busy week ahead.

.sjb

An excellentchoiceKev :blush:

Worth’s play just for Andrew Strongs vocal. Think he was only 16 at the time.

Great record. When it was released I used to listen to a rock show on Capital Radio hosted by Nicky Horne - Your Mother Wouldn’t Like It - Nicky championed the record.

SS500

On vinyl…:sunglasses:

Jennifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat - Original U.K. vinyl

Another album that could easily be in my favourite 20, wonderfully arranged covers of Leonard Cohen songs, superbly played by a band of crack session players, sung superbly with real feeling and understanding of the songs by a singer who’d sung with Cohen, fantastic.