What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Jamie N Commons - Rumble And Sway

A British born singer with a fine blues voice and a good song writer. No full albums from him as yet just EPs.

2 Likes

David Gilmour

Rattle That Lock - 24/96

Edward

7 Likes

from the great Lutoslawski/Wit series on Naxos…

4 Likes

10 Likes

Good choice, I had that on earlier :blush:

Bluesheart

Moving from a young Brit’ blues man to an old one, Miller Anderson.

5 Likes

Give Me The Night

A really lovely George Benson album that boogies along very nicely and always brings a smile. Fine playing as ever from the man and beautifully recorded with lovely SQ. This used to get played quite a lot in the car back in the day.

14 Likes

Jos van Veldhoven & The Netherlands Bach society
Death & Devotion: Buxtehude, Tunder, Weckmann and Ritter

Beautifull music. It’s vocal church music composed in Northern Germany during the latter half of the seventeenth century. Very well recorded by Channel Classics.

4 Likes

CD Rip - enjoyable recording

15 Likes

Top drawer! We can all learn something about style from Jason King!

PS Nice to see Sid back

1 Like

Harry Manx - Dog My Cat

Harry’s fine debut album, if ever there was an artist who deserves a wider audience it is he. A wonderful mix of blues meets east where he studied for five years under a master of the classic Indian form and acquiring his beloved instrument the mohan veena. He plays the blues and lap-slide guitar amongst many of his string instruments.

6 Likes

A glorious album…

12 Likes

22 Likes

Real Ibiza3 Chilling You Softly

I know the Ibiza chill out album has been done to death but trust me this makes all the others worthless.
It’s worth it just for track 7 on disk 2 Solaris Heights by Elementis.
Something to warm up a dank Tuesday evening roll on summer.

Mathias Kom from Canada, whose project The Burning Hell is, must surely hold the record for the number of words in one song. Each song is really like a short story and usually a pretty amusing one as well. Musically interesting too.

CD MacBook earbuds

Why? Looked at the CD tower, saw the Miles rack and this one.

steve

8 Likes

Legacy - 3 Chord Trick - WAV CD rip
1st play, Legacy are a band of old Dire Straits musicians and top session men, this has a good number of songs showing the DS history, as well as some rockier numbers. Good songs expertly played by classy musicians.

2 Likes

I bought this at the time and returned 4 copies and gave up so i am really pleased someone got a decent set of vinyl.

Get to know Elektra.

6 Likes

S

Pink Floyd - The Final Cut - Original U.K. vinyl

This got a lot of play on my KD1033B in the last 18 months of my student life, and the same slab of vinyl has rotated many times on two Roksan decks since. Last Waters Floyd album, a pretty direct anti-war message, some searing guitar from Gilmour,a great album.

13 Likes