What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Hi Dave,

I am mostly familiar with Joe Bonamassa when he partners with Beth Hart. Other than Live At The Greek, is there a JB album that features Mahalia Barnes?

2 Likes

Interesting that despite the Eurovision connection, she sings with South American pronounciation.

2 Likes

Ooops! Forgot this one! Ripped and playing ‘as we speak’. I have this on vinyl but decided on CD as well.
eagles

enjoy/ken

15 Likes

Hi Nigel,

I have this one, which is pretty good, if not outstanding.

There’s also a couple of her own albums, recorded with her scratch band, The Soul Mates, and which, again, are worth having, if you can get them at bargain prices.

I guess what I’m saying is that we’re waiting expectantly for a new album which has the fire contained in that video clip.

2 Likes

After all the love for Robin Trower lately I was reminded he contributes to Dylanesque by Bryan Ferry,so giving that a spin

1 Like

My latest discovery–Been under a rock on these guys

PNG

2 Likes

Just about squeeze in LP2 tonight

3 Likes

She is a great Aussie singer Nigel but for me hasn’t made that killer album yet.

2 Likes

He wasn’t actually going to release this but got a bit of a push from a few of his fans as at one time it was only available at his shows.

Reminds me to dig out a couple of officially recorded live shows I have of his that weren’t released to the public.

2 Likes

My vinyl copy of this has definitely seen better days – replacement costs silly money, so slumming it with ripped CD :frowning:
led%20zep
enjoy/ken

10 Likes

Mark Knopfler - Down The Road Wherever.

11 Likes

There is a splendid SQ vinyl pressing of this excellent album,
just had a look on Amazon uk and i can’t believe it’s still not sold out.

Note it’s a limited batch of 750 pressings. Grab one while you can! : )

3 Likes

not bad!

3 Likes

another blues, well groovy too

2 Likes

1 Like

Funkadelic One Nation Under A Groove

Great freaking album. Reissue from the 90s including a bonus LP which has a killer live version of Maggot Brain.

4 Likes

i have the original lp, confirm that is a very good album!

From the box of records in the other room I sometimes forget about…

11 Likes

Aaron Neville, Nature Boy: The Standards Album

2 Likes