What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

3 Likes

Philippe Herreweghe & La Chapelle Royale - Schutz: Musikalische Exequin

Beautiful vocal music by Heinrich Schutz, composed in 1635. A small ensemble of strings and organ provides a continuo accompaniment. If you like Bach’s cantatas and motets you might also like this one.

9 Likes

Yes I did get it, Ewen. I’m now frantically and unsuccessfully looking through the virtual library to try and recognise the album cover as I’ve totally forgotten the name he used for that album!

Thanks, Debs. If I still had the means to replay vinyl I would have bought it!

2 Likes

After listening to J.J. Cale on his own yesterday, thought I would start today with Cale and Clapton.

9 Likes

2014 - bought it a while ago but still available on limited edition blue vinyl. As mentioned by @Debs and @Steve_S . Just found it on Whatrecords for £11.99.

4 Likes

Background listening whilst reading about likely future global financial crisis…
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/02/12/record-million-americans-are-months-behind-their-car-payments-red-flag-economy/?fbclid=IwAR1hNcUm0t-geo9FK65OgvlImhLLIOoH0UcTYhuIDmzfdFxonjy9Aw7Ia0U&noredirect=on&utm_term=.50c6af83c589

1 Like

Not listened to this group for years, it’s a very pleasant reminder of what great music they made.

6 Likes

On CD:-

4 Likes

That ‘WhatRecords’ price offer is bargain! - even when adding on the postage cost
Tony what number is your copy?

My two copies are numbers 084 / 750 and 200 / 750 ; )

I’m sure it is musically superb regardless of format but the blue coloured vinyl certainly doesn’t distract from it being an essentially good pressing and SQ.
This Miller Anderson album was first mooted on the old naim forum about 5 years ago, a Heads Up from our Dr.Blues [aka Dr. Steve] who doesn’t seem to post anymore. I wish him well in his retirement (?) and wish he’d rejoin this forum - his posts are always well worth the read : )

5 Likes

I remember that well, Debs, and ordered my copy around that time after seeing a post and also some discussion with Graham (Quad33). Here is my copy: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

10cc - Sheet Music, a great album,from start to finish.SQ is excellent on an early cd release

8 Likes

Well not so much listening but watching. Quite a revealing story. Knowing the life story makes the music more enjoyable and puts many songs in context.

I will be acquiring/watching life stories of other artists whose music I like.

Bailyhill

6 Likes

Kim So-Hee ‎– P’ansori, Korea’s Epic Vocal Art & Instrumental Music

If you think the weird American outre-singing that culminates in Bob Dylan is wild try Pansori from Korea, and the instrumental music has hints of delta blues, jazz and Bach cello suites …

1 Like

Wings Over America

11 Likes

R.E.M.

Automatic For The People - CD Rip

Been a while since I played any R.E.M. putting that right starting with this great album.

Edward

18 Likes

Now playing…

Jessica Pratt - Quiet Signs

Streaming on TIDAL… new release from 02/08/19 and taking out for a spin…

2 Likes
4 Likes

Kraftwerk

Radio-Activity 3D (2017 Remaster) 24/44.1

Edward

9 Likes

Dire Straights - Communique

Their second and break through album if I remember correctly. Amazing guitar playing. Must listen to some J J Cale!

Phil

13 Likes