What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

And now onto Natalie Merchant

18 Likes

A huge favourite from 2016 and unique in being I think the only album that appeared in both mine and my son’s favourites for that year.

A frenetic, rollercoaster of an album with very cute lyrics and cuter guitar riffs. Although very much in the indie mould, it manages to straddle genres within that.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Jakob Bro - Streams

Jakob Bro (Guitar), Thomas Morgan (Double Bass) and Joey Baron (Drums).

Streaming on NAS… taking Jakob and friends out for another spin, and still sounding mighty sweet!

4 Likes

earlier

cover

and now

cover

9 Likes

New release playing via Spotify. The Crucible by Motorpsycho, a must for any Motorpsycho fans

2 Likes

Diana Ross - Blue, essentially an album of leftovers from the “Lady Sings The Blues” sessions,but still a great album.

4 Likes

Damn - I knew I had missed out at least one key group and album from my Top 20 list, and “Feats don’t fail me now” is it!

1 Like

1 Like

Ella Fitzgerald - Get Happy!

9 Likes

Nanci Griffith - Flyer. (steaming)

5 Likes

12 Likes

Just finishing…

Joe Lovano - Trio Tapestry

Joe Lovano (Tenor Saxophone), Marilyn Crispell (Piano) and Carmen Castaldi (Drums).

Streamed on NAS… a recent purchase and finally took it out for a spin! Joe always sounds so sweet!

6 Likes

During workout this afternoon, great album…

2 Likes

Might try that out. I love Marilyn Crispell too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Now playing…

Joe Lovano - Quarters - Live at the Village Vanguard Volume 2

Joe Lovano (tenor saxophone), Mulgrew Miller (piano), Christian McBride (bass), and Lewis Nash (drums, cymbal).

Streaming on NAS… Recorded on January 20th & 22nd 1995 and this quartet is sounding fantastic!

5 Likes

While the northern hemisphere sleep or wind down their Sunday, it’s back to work Monday morning in OZ.

Motivation for a boring Monday at the office.

6 Likes

Pete, enjoyed viewing your website, some great work, my favorite was 24 of 54 in the landscapes section. Do you title your work?

electronic compositions by Adams on Nonesuch…

1 Like

Now playing…

Ketil Bjørnstad - A passion for John Donne

Ketil Bjørnstad (piano), Håkon Kornstad (tenor saxophone, flute, voice), Birger Mistereggen (percussion) and the Oslo Chamber Choir directed by Håkon Daniel Nystedt.

Streaming on NAS… I simply enjoy the work of Ketil and always a joy to give one of his albums a listen. ‘A passion for John Donne’ is sounding might sweet!

4 Likes

Nigel:

I suggest some discretion in your purchases … they are a superb band (I have all their albums) but they went through phases where their quality waxed and waned … IMO of course … listen before you buy if possible.