What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

No I don’t always mane them, sometimes they’re just numbered as part of a series. But that’s just laziness, there’s not even sizes or medium. That one you asked about is of The Seine, from about 5 years ago. Painted a few after returning from a holiday in France. Most have sold. Sorry about the website I haven’t updated it for almost 7 years. Got ripped off by a gallery in Sydney that cost me $27ks, kind of lost interest in selling. I still paint and attached a few more recent works.

Thank you for looking, I’ll have to go and investigate in updating the site. Cheers.

6 Likes

Good advice John, and I am aware they did go through phases. Indeed they did succumb at one point to the pressure to be a bit more commercial in their output, an aspect of their varied style that interests me less.

It is the earthy, back to basics signature of Tres Hombres I like, and it is that kind of output from the boys that I will seek out initially. In time, I am sure I will try out some of the other avenues they went down.

Thanks for the reply Pete. I enjoy your work and wish you nothing but success with your projects. I certainly would visit a gallery to view your work in person, perhaps some day something will be hanging on the walls here in Seattle…

Enjoyment after the concert

5 Likes

David Bowie

Let’s Dance (2018 Remaster) 24/96 - Qobuz Studio

I don’t own any of David’s albums in High Res so decided to start the day listening to some on Qobuz, so far sounding very good in High Res, trying to make up my mind if I should upgrade my albums to 24 bit.

Edward

14 Likes

Gary Burton: A Genuine Tong Funeral

3 Likes

This Classic on Vinyl…

Gill%20Scott%20Heron%201971

9 Likes

David Bowie

Hunky Dory (2015 Remaster) 24/96 Qobuz Studio

My favourite David Bowie album.

Edward

18 Likes

Avalanche

This is a beautiful album. splashes of Marvin Gaye, acid jazz, r&b. Kendrick Lamar features on one track, highly recommended!

1. Vinyl.
2 Likes

i have it too! on lp

soul jazz , with organ master Dr Lonnie Smith

2 Likes

On CD:

10 Likes

Sounds interesting. Have noted it to check out.

Listening now on Spotify, sounds great!! They must be awesome live .

6 Likes

There’s a song for every occasion… (or Breaking News announcement) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do you know « higher ground « by Johnny Hammond Smith ? It’s one of my favorites organ soul jazz albums, with dejohnette, benson…

3 Likes
3 Likes

blur Not listened to Blur in ages and this is a great “best of” album. Taking a trip back to the 90’s …

3 Likes

Julian Bream & John Williams - Together (CD 1 of 2)

This one reminds me of sunshine and warmer weather, two very fine guitarists playing off each other, lovely stuff.

Originally recorded as a single album in the seventies this album was expanded with material from 1978 and released as a double in 1993.

6 Likes