What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

8 Likes

Sting - All This Time, recorded in Italy ,before a small audience ,this is a jazzy reworking of his better known material.Well recorded too.

4 Likes

Now playing…

John Mellencamp - Other People’s Stuff

Streaming on TIDAL… taking John’s December 2018 album release out for another spin… enjoy his songwriting, lyrics, music and vocals, sounding mighty fine!

5 Likes

Steve Winwood

Greatest Hits Live - Qobuz Studio

Edward

5 Likes

1991 - ‘cause it’s a bloody good album!:sunglasses:

11 Likes

Mary Black - The Holy Ground - Original vinyl

One of my less played Mary albums, not sure why, although perhaps more pop-ringed than a lot of her other albums, it’s still a wonderful folk album. Well chosen songs, she digs deep into the meaning of each one, and her voice is lovely. I love the reading of Sandy’s ‘Donkey Ride.

8 Likes
1 Like

LPs 5&6 - some great music, and lots of it.

5 Likes

A great collection that set the standards for box sets back in the '80’s.Luckily further sets relevant to EC have been curated by the same team.

Elton John - Sleeping With the Past, described by Reg himself “as white-soul for the '80’s” this is a solid affair and was a return to form.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Now Playing…

Van Morrison - The Prophet Speaks

Streaming on TIDAL… a little mid-afternoon time with Van and he has the feet tapping, sounding mighty sweet!

4 Likes

2008 - NAS/wav…

8 Likes

James Taylor - Greatest Hits.

7 Likes

My only James Taylor music is a hires download I got when living in Rio of a greatest hits and includes Only A Dream In Rio. Aparently he played at the First Rock In Rio event, and previously he had tried to commit suicide but the way the crowd reacted to him and knew every word of his songs turned him around. Some great lyrics that mean a lot a lot to me too.

1 Like

1995 - Baden Powell Live in Hamburg - recorded in 1983 on NAS / wav…

2 Likes

CD - Universal 2004 : )

Walter Becker sadly died of cancer in September 2017 ( aged 67 )
His 69th birthday was [ would of been ] yesterday

17 Likes

Now Playing…!

David Munyon & Mary’s Band - Waterside: The Story of Sonny Hamm

Streaming on TIDAL… A few days ago someone played a David Munyon album on the forum and since I could not find it on TIDAL I selected another one and placed in the queue. Taking it out for a spin and the first track is sounding mighty fine…

3 Likes

Now Playing…

Sting - All This Time

Streaming on TIDAL… I had seen this played earlier and have not played this Sting album previously so placed in the queue and taking out for a spin. As always, Sting is sounding mighty sweet!

3 Likes

Now playing…

The Chieftains - Tears Of Stone

Streaming on NAS… My wife and I attended a performance by The Chieftains celebrating 5+ decades of the band being together last evening at Benaroya Hall in Seattle. A great show with Paddy Moloney, Matt Molloy, and Kevin Conneff with a harpist, fiddle player and guitarist to round out the band. There was also dancers, guest singers, a choral group, a bagpipe marching band and even a video appearance of astronaut Cady Coleman joining the band in a piece and playing one of Paddy’s whistle and Matt’s flute while on the Space Station. A fine show with a very interactive audience. Last time I saw them was in the '90’s and they were talented then and still incredibly talented today. Loved the show and recommend that you pickup a ticket to the show if they are passing through a town near you. So this evening picked out the album ‘Tears of Stone’ with a number of guest singers including Bonnie Raitt, Joni Mittchell, Sinead O’Connor, Loreena McKennitt, Akiko and a song ‘Deserted Soldier’ by Mary Chapin Carpenter.

4 Likes